Question Games crashes after 10 mins of playing?

breakingjak431

Prominent
Sep 25, 2022
So today i was playing normally , my friend brought his hard drive so i can play games on his drive on my pc , everything was working fine , after that i unplugged the hard drive and play normally on my games , i opened pubg to play a game , after like 10 mins the games becomes extremely laggy , and sound stutters even my friend who are playing sound stutters, went from 84fps to 30 or even 25 fps , and than game crash , i went to rocket league and played abit the games runs fine, open dead by daylight and game crash after 10 mins ,horizon zero dawn also audio stutters and stuff i was very confused what just happened?
I enabled xmp before in bios so idk what is the cause?

Spec : gtx 970
I7 6700k
Ram 8 gb ram teamforce , and viper 8 gb ram different model
Psu cougar 500w ,

my friend brought his hard drive so i can play games on his drive on my pc , everything was working fine , after that i unplugged the hard drive and play normally on my games , i opened pubg to play a game , after like 10 mins the games becomes extremely laggy
Just on a hunch have you tried doing a system restore to before you plugged in your friends hard drive into your system.

breakingjak431

Prominent
Sep 25, 2022
I actually havent tried anything all i did was just plugged in my friend hard drive played squad and insurgency with no problem , after few hours , opened pubg to play with friends and suddenly got like 30 to 15 fps with audio stutters which is very weird
Just on a hunch have you tried doing a system restore to before you plugged in your friends hard drive into your system.

breakingjak431

Prominent
Sep 25, 2022
A small update : so i went and basically removed the ram stick kept one same issue , after that i removed my gpu and removed the cmos plugged everything again , put the other ram many times until pc boots up enabled xmp , and now everything is working fine so far? Been playing pubg and stray with no issue for now

Note : i overclocked my cpu 2 weeks ago which makes my pc restart but i put everything back hitting the reset to default in bios , but didnt remove the cmos battery back then, now things are going well idk if its just luck but anyway

Can you guys give me any suggestion if it happens again? Thanks in advance everyone