Games crashes ati x1950 pro 256mb agp8x

makedo626

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010
only battlefield 2,battlefield 1942 and emulators works on my pc. itried avp2,call of duty 1 and hunting unlimited 2009 they crashes, and they did work 4 months ago like a charm.

things i have done but not working.

updated all drivers.
downgraded ati drivers back to those what i had when it worked.
updated directx
tried 2 different 350w psu.
patched games.
tried different compatibility modes.
craphic card wont run too hot only 40-50c.
cleaned craphic cards fan.
screen gets red and green messed pixels around and freezes
(only reset button helps)
tried ati tray tools to get higher fan speed no help.
cheked craphic card from burnt or swallowed "watertowers" those things what swallows if burns.
tried different affinititys tskmangaer cpu usage thingy.

computer works whitout problems if i dont play other games than bf2 or 1942 or emulators.

so please if someone could help me thank you wery mutch!
i hope my psu aint too low for this craphic card and caused damage.

system specs.
Windows Xp Pro sp3
intel pentium 4 3000 cpu
abit sg-72 motherboard
2x 1gb ddr 400mhz kingston ram
40gb hd
lg super multi cd/dvd
old soundcard (not sure what :D)
antec 350w psu
1x atx fan.

I am sorry for my bad english becouse im Finnish.

makedo626

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010
Well i cant test it in another system. I tested another craphic card and it worked like a charm 128mb ati dont remember exactly what card it was.
Yeah well i think its time anyway to reinstall os so i get "clean" os.
Alltrought these machines gets all kind of useless crap in them from
long time of use.
Even if you empty temp folders and fixing the registry and deleting unneeded software and fixing hds and stuff like that.
i havent reinstalled this software about an year so it
might be healthy to do so.
only thing what i fear that my hd doesnt work in install gos its old so i get another from friend "just incase" but it runs well attleast now :D

makedo626

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010

I reinstalled os no help. i guess my card is broken somehow... ;(
i have to keep playing battlefield series and emulators...

makedo626

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010
Thanks... i really afraid of it but well what can you do when that happens. than a buy new one this time i wont buy that good craphic card for so bad power supply.

makedo626

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010

i allready knew that but i buy 128mb card for cheap or get one from somewhere for free or suffer :D
becouse of planning buying new computer next year.
so dont want to put money on this crap that mutch but maybe 15-20€ is ok so i can play even something a year :D

Chances are that yes the card is toast, either it is a bad gpu core due to perhaps being overheated in the past or bad vram. So you need to search around for a better replacement. Dots and lines are typical of a physical defect in the card.

makedo626

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010
ok everyone instead of starting new thread i want ask here this question should this craphic card work in my pc even i have 350W psu.
http://www.pixmania.com/fi/fi/492480/art/pny/geforce-6200-512mt-ddr1-a.html#pix-review
its finnish page so its system requirements at bottom says

Ohjelmisto / Järjestelmävaatimukset CD-ROM, virta 300 W
Software / Hardwarerequirements CD-ROM, power 300 W

what i think it should work in my pc but may have little too "close the line" so what you guys think?

Yes as the actual consumption is less than 30w. I always try to look for actual power consumption and average figures for any given gpu and it will use less power than the x1950 pro agp. It will be slower but still rock solid and shouldn't give you any trouble in older and less demanding games. Also it has up to date driver support unlike DX9 era ATI cards.