Games crashing after following a video for optimization

Solution
I'm glad you found the source of the problems.

His other tweaks are not as useful as he makes them out to be. I watched the video, and most of the stuff he says to do is either routine maintenance or may even have a negative impact on the system. Problem is, a lot of the negative impact is only going to be noticeable through benchmarking, and the average user isn't going to pick up on it even then.
I' m not going to watch the entire 36 minute video, but based on the description at the bottom, it sounds like they may include overclocking. If you have overclocked the CPU or graphics card, try turning that back down, and see if that makes a difference.

That guy is selling unhealthy advice disguised as snake oil.

If you followed his one piece of sound advice at the beginning of the video, you made a system restore checkpoint.

I recommend restoring your machine to the point before you followed the rest of the suggestions in the video, and then figure out why your machine may or may not have been performing worse than you thought it should, and just sort the actual issue rather than taking his advice and creating new issues.

I'm glad you found the source of the problems.

His other tweaks are not as useful as he makes them out to be. I watched the video, and most of the stuff he says to do is either routine maintenance or may even have a negative impact on the system. Problem is, a lot of the negative impact is only going to be noticeable through benchmarking, and the average user isn't going to pick up on it even then.

Solution