[SOLVED] games crashing and pc restarting randomly

Jun 22, 2020
games have been crashing randomly (minecraft etc) and sometimes my pc restarts with ez debug vga led on solid red then after it restarts its fine. im not sure if it my graphics card not put in correctly (im pretty sure it is) or somthing but its annoying

b350m artic
ryzen 7 2700x
gtx 1060 6gb
cx500 psu

edit: i fixed the issue by removing intel optane drive -_-

Last edited:
Solution
The CX500 was a low quality unit from several years back. If temperatures are ok and the system passes MemTest then I would upgrade to a decent quality psu. I think the psu is the like cause but even if it is not you really don’t want the old cx500 in a gaming pc.
The CX500 was a low quality unit from several years back. If temperatures are ok and the system passes MemTest then I would upgrade to a decent quality psu. I think the psu is the like cause but even if it is not you really don’t want the old cx500 in a gaming pc.

Solution
Jun 22, 2020
yea my psu was having issues yesterday but i fixed it, people said its a bad time to get new psu so idk. and temps are fine everything was under 40c and all bsods say its a driver issue but idk what to do
and the 1060 was only at like 30% - 40% or slightly higher so i dont think it s a power issue
ive gotten
kmode_exception_not_handled
system_service_exception
system_service_exception aswbidsdriver.sys
irql_not_less_or_equal
mainly irql_not_less_or_equal (like 4 times)

i searched it up and intel optane memory chips dont work with ryzen 7 2700x or any amd stuff? ill remove it and see if anything crashes

Last edited:
Temps under 40c while gaming? That’s way to low. Try completely removing the gpu driver using DDU in Windows safe mode and then reinstalling the latest driver. https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Then try running MemTest https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-test-memory-using-memtest.1587860/

That psu is a risk in a gaming pc, if it fails like the old CX range often do it can damage other components. Regardless of if it is the cause of your problems it needs changing.

Jun 22, 2020
Temps under 40c while gaming? That’s way to low. Try completely removing the gpu driver using DDU in Windows safe mode and then reinstalling the latest driver. https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Then try running MemTest https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-test-memory-using-memtest.1587860/

That psu is a risk in a gaming pc, if it fails like the old CX range often do it can damage other components. Regardless of if it is the cause of your problems it needs changing.
I dont run my games are that high graphics but the highest i see it go is around 60c but idk what temp is safe so i run my fans higher. also yea my power supply was causing issues and it has coil whine but idk what psu to get. if u can suggest me a ok priced psu thats around 100$ (AUS) cuz my "budget" would be like 140$ max. from whats happening removing the intel m.2 ssd (which didt do anything anyway) seems to have fixed the issue. but im not sure yet after i removed it i havent gotten any crashes so idk. but yeah if u can suggest me a ok priced psu thats preferably in australia

Jun 22, 2020
Not sure of AUS prices but the newer and much better quality CX550 is a nice entry level psu for gaming. It’s mediocre quality and you can go better if budget allows.
so if i wanted a better one what other psu could i go for?
what are my options? it would be nice to have one that wouldt damage my parts if it failed

so if i wanted a better one what other psu could i go for?

These I feel are great options and hard to justify going higher price wise;
Seasonic Focus GX550 Gold
EVGA G3 550 Gold
Corsair RMx 550 Gold

Or if budget is even higher the Seasonic Prime 550 Ultra. I personally have the 650 version of this powering a 2080 Super rig but I got it on sale. I don’t think it’s normal price increase adds enough over the other options.

Jun 22, 2020
These I feel are great options and hard to justify going higher price wise;
Seasonic Focus GX550 Gold
EVGA G3 550 Gold
Corsair RMx 550 Gold

Or if budget is even higher the Seasonic Prime 550 Ultra. I personally have the 650 version of this powering a 2080 Super rig but I got it on sale. I don’t think it’s normal price increase adds enough over the other options.
thanks for replying so fast

how much watts would my pc roughly need?
also is it possible for you to list them "worst" to "best"