Games crashing at random intervals after minimum of ~10mins.

Feb 9, 2019
Ok, so I have been experiencing this issue for quite some time now and have taken action several times by talking to game specific support people and watching many videos to see if I can find anyone who is in the same predicament as me.

Basically, I can play a game without it crashing sometimes (which is great) but then, on other occasions, it just freezes for approximately ~10 seconds and then either remains frozen or just exits out the game completely. Which, is understandably quite frustrating.

To go into more detail about which games I play and when I crash:
Overwatch - ONLY when queueing or on the main menu screens.
R6S - Mid game
Apex Legends - Every other game after around 10 to 20 mins of playing.
Rocket League - Doesn't crash.

I even tried out Minecraft recently just to see if even that crashed (and it did).

CS:GO - Might have crashed once or twice but more often than not it just freezes and works again after 30 seconds but this happens very infrequently.

I hope that someone out there has some idea on how to fix this. Respond ASAP if you have any ideas.

PS: I have tried DDU uninstalling my graphics drivers and clean reinstalling them. I have uninstalled all of the above games. I have disabled most background processes.

Specs:
AMD FX-6300 6 Core
Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB
8GB RAM DDR3
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. M5A97 R2.0
Windows 10

Thanks for reading this. <3

There is a thread on another forum where I was talking to someone else and there are more details on there if you wish to look: https://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f59/games-crashing-at-random-intervals-after-minimum-of-10mins-1234782.html#post7725966

Do you have any known good DDR3 RAM sticks you can try/borrow, just to experiment...or lower RAM clocks just a tad, and retest. Even a PSU voltage dropping a bit too much, a faulty hard drive or SATA port, or an intermittent mainboard can cause also mysterious crashes/freezes, so these can be difficult to narrow down except by first eliminating the possible causes with known good parts. (No one wants to purchase new mainboards when troubleshooting AMD FX-based DDR3 rigs anyway, as all Ryzens are faster. So you'd likely be logically limited to trying some new borrowed RAM, or a new PSU.

Good luck

Feb 9, 2019

OK, I will make sure to try this.