Games crashing, no software issue since I've reinstalled windows.

Yanaski

Reputable
Sep 14, 2014
So since a few months ago my PC started acting weird, I play 3 games and all 3 of them crash (Rainbow 6 Siege, Overwatch and Blops 4). Im in a game and it freezes and goes back to my desktop, sometimes it happens onces, sometimes it happens multiple times a day. I have contacted support for each of those games and would always blame it on some software I have installed so I disabled every un-needed software at startup and I still had the problem so I decided to reinstall Windows, install all the important software and try to play a game again, disabled all my overclocks, updated all my drivers, installed my games on another ssd, still no fix.
Dunno if that also has anything to do with it but since a few weeks ago my sound sometimes doesnt work and I have to reboot in order for it to work (Steelseries Arctis Pro+Dac).

If you need more info, let me know.
Stress tested CPU and GPU, did a memtest, no issues.

i7 7700k 4.6ghz
GTX 1080ti Strix OC
Z270E Gaming
32GB Corsair Vengeance Ram
750 Watt Corsair

1. What are the temps on your computer?

2. When you did run an overclock on the CPU, what was your temps and voltages?

3. Corsair 750 watts. What kind of Corsair PSU? is it a VS? RMi? RMx? helps to know if it is an low end or high end PSU you have.

3. GPU also overclocked?

Yanaski

Reputable
Sep 14, 2014

I already disabled all my overclocks as mentioned in the post

Yanaski

Reputable
Sep 14, 2014

My GPU gets about 65c while gaming, the cpu like 45c while gaming.
The psu is a Corsair RM750x
The cpu was overclocked at 4.6ghz at 1.275, higher voltage would take my cpu upto 80c.
Gpu is overclocked in the Asus GPU Tweak II software.
https://imgur.com/a/Bg1kqjp

Yanaski

Reputable
Sep 14, 2014

Yes.. Formatted all my drives. I'm not stupid btw ^^ I know how PC's work I just cant seem to find a solution for this problem.

I can't assume you are knowledgeable, after all you are seeking help on a forum instead of resolving the problem on your own. You have no idea the of the kind of people I deal with on this forum. If you've reformatted, and you are experience bluescreens and system instabilities (NOT POWER ISSUES) then I would start by replacing the boot drive and reloading windows to see if that solves your problem.

Yanaski

Reputable
Sep 14, 2014

I never said I had Bluescreens, where in my post do you see that?
Reason why im on a forum is bcus I have been trying to solve this issue myself for months already.

Yanaski

Reputable
Sep 14, 2014

The problem came many months after I purchased this keyboard but I can try

Yanaski

Reputable
Sep 14, 2014

My bootdrive is new since first I thought that was the problem, I also bought a 970Evo for my games about a month ago and I also had the problems before changing my SSD so that wouldn't be the problem