Question games crashing on a new gpu

jostegogar

Reputable
Mar 26, 2019
i got brand new gtx 1660ti last week and i didnt have time to test it until now which didnt go well. on every game such as rise of the tomb raider and resident evil 2 remake or RE7 i play for like 15 mins and then either way the game crashs to desktop or the windows crashes to the blue screen (your pc ran into a problem) and i think this sounds like a overheating bcz sometimes the gpu reaches 86c but it also doest happen when its 79c so im not sure about the overheating . any help why this is happned would be appreciated.

specs: gpu asus gtx 1660ti dual oc eddition
cpu core i5 8400
MB asus z370p
RAM single stick 8GB 2400( overclocked to 2700 with 1.45V) i know i should upgrade to dual channel
PSU: it was made by channel well technology and it was packed by brand named Green. its 550W gold plus with 2 pcie 6+2 connectors

jostegogar

Reputable
Mar 26, 2019
Can you list the exact Model number and make of this PSU ? Is the brand name GREEN ??
due to economic sanctions we cant buy global standard psu so the most common psu in my country is Green and it says that the components are made by company called channel well technology. i know people running 1080ti on sli with the 1000 watt models of this brand so i doubt its the psu casuing crashes cuz the pc never restarted once for itself under load.