Question Games crashing to desktop with brand new pc built

Dec 6, 2022
Hey guys,

As stated in the title, I built a brand new PC just a couple of weeks ago and certain games started crashing to the desktop and would ask me to verify the integrity files of the game. I verified the games didn't seem to work and so did uninstalling it. Next thing I did was reinstalling/update my bios and uninstalling my GPU drivers using DDU. Did that and it still crashes to the desktop. I also made sure there was no memory leak and such. I also tried setting the priority of the game and setting the game to high power usage as well as turning off vsync in nvidia control panel. Nothing seems to work. The games I tested were warzone 2.0 which freezes and then crashes to the desktop after about 5 mins of gameplay. Vermintide 2 takes about an hour to randomly crash to the desktop. I also tried running the game on administrator and changing windows compatibility which somewhat fixed it but still crashed. Anything helps! Much appreciated!

My specs:

GPU: NVIDIA RTX 3080
CPU: AMD 7 5800X 8-Core Processor
MB: ASUS TUF GAMING B550 PLUS
PSU: EVGA 650W GOLD
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB LPX

Note: The only thing I didn't replace from my old PC was my ram sticks but I monitored my games and it didn't crash due to memory.

Dec 6, 2022
Or it would cause the GPU to flake out and crash.

Are you on latest BIOS and chipset driver?

RAM installed in slots a2-b2?

What are your CPU/GPU temps under load?
Ah I see.
I am on the latest BIOS and chipset drivers.
My ram sticks are installed in slots a2-b2.
My CPU temp is 36 celsius at min and at max is usually around 60-70 celsius
My GPU temp is around 55-60 celsius