[SOLVED] Games crashing to desktop.

Andrei03

Reputable
May 29, 2017
Around christmas last year i swapped my I3 processor to an I5-7500, but after that i started getting critical_process_died BSODs and most games just crashing to desktop without warning. Today i upgraded my psu to a more powerful one and my 8 gigs of ram to 16 gigs after i read that the problem could be faulty ram, but the issues are still here. Also when playing cpu usage is almost always 80-100% no matter what settings.

Solution
It's hard to say without knowing for sure what the issue is with the cpu you just tried to use. If you've verified the i5-7500 is supported by the motherboard and its current BIOS then there's no reason it should have any problems. If the second i5-7500 cpu also has issues then you likely have a bad board or some other hardware issue.

Andrei03

Reputable
May 29, 2017
If you still have the old processor you could swap in back in to see if the replacement is causing the issue.
Sorry for the delay. Wanted to spent more time testing the old processor. So it doesn't crash and BSOD have not come up. But my question now is if i buy a new one of the same kind (I5-7500) will it crash again or was it a faulty product.

It's hard to say without knowing for sure what the issue is with the cpu you just tried to use. If you've verified the i5-7500 is supported by the motherboard and its current BIOS then there's no reason it should have any problems. If the second i5-7500 cpu also has issues then you likely have a bad board or some other hardware issue.

Solution