[SOLVED] Games don’t feel smooth/snappy on my BenQ Zowie XL2540! Please Help!

laser0130

Reputable
Oct 3, 2016
Can some one please help me figure this out? I’ve been unsatisfied with this monitor and can’t find any solutions! I have vsync and gsync on in nvcp and my in game FPS cap is at 237. Additionally I have low latency mode switched to on. I’ve been really frustrated as I’ve been playing for months and I can’t figure it out. My specs are an rtx 2080 i59600k@4.9 gz and 16gb memommoru as well as a 1tb 970 evo for storage! Thanks in advance!

Solution
Minecraft too, huh? That game is pretty light, until you start installing mods and texture packs.

Ok, so the monitor is set to 240hz in NVCP(display > change resolution).
Windows also reflects this? Enter 'display' in Windows search bar > Display settings > Advanced display settings > Display adapter properties > Monitor tab > Screen refresh rate

Also in NVCP > Manage 3D Settings, play around with the Max Pre-rendered Frames setting. A higher setting improves image quality, but can increase input lag. Vice versa at the lower setting.

laser0130

Reputable
Oct 3, 2016
Go here^and post a LINK to your results.

There's no need to have vsync on if you already have gsync and the fps capped. Vsync increases input lag.
Cpu and gpu temps are good?
Motherboard drivers up to date?
ill go ahead and turn vsync off and test it out again although if i rmeber this still didnt make the game feel that smooth. here are my benchmarks: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/19603565

as far as temps go nothing every really goes above 60 and my mother board and bios are both at their current version. thanks for your reply!

laser0130

Reputable
Oct 3, 2016
Well, your hardware appears to be clean.
Any programs you like to run on the side while playing?
Do you experience this with all the games, or certain ones?
yes i usually have discord and maybe spotify open. i experience the problem with practically anygame i play like fortnite, minecraft, csgo etc.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Minecraft too, huh? That game is pretty light, until you start installing mods and texture packs.

Windows also reflects this? Enter 'display' in Windows search bar > Display settings > Advanced display settings > Display adapter properties > Monitor tab > Screen refresh rate

Also in NVCP > Manage 3D Settings, play around with the Max Pre-rendered Frames setting. A higher setting improves image quality, but can increase input lag. Vice versa at the lower setting.

Solution

laser0130

Reputable
Oct 3, 2016

i have clarified all fo that and it feel to be alot less input laggy however im either ghosting very bad or tearing now and it hurts my eyes almost to play. do you know of any fixes that dont involve vsync?