Question Games freezing on my pc

Apr 30, 2019
Hi everyone,

I have a problem with my pc for a long time. The issue is that the game just freezes, mostly when shooting or getting shot by enemy. I also want to add that i play on low settings 1024x768 resolution (CS:GO). Here are my full specs:

i3 8100
msi gtx 1050ti
gigabyte b360m ds3h
crucial ballistix 2x8gb 2400mhz ddr4
seasonic focus plus 550w 80plus gold
ssd 860 evo samsung 250gb
hdd toshiba p300 1tb
windows 10 home 64bit

Monitor: LG 24gm77 144hz

so when the game freezes, must the computer be rebooted to recover? Or is this just a momentary hesitation/hitch?

Assuming you've reinstalled game and Windows to eliminate possible glitches with Windows, game, drivers, etc...?

Does your GPU require a PCI-e supplemental power input? A freeze during firing sounds like the GPU might be acting up, or could be becoming 'power starved'....; even if the GPU get's it's power completely thru the PCI-e slot, the MB or PSU can be responsible as well...

Apr 30, 2019
so when the game freezes, must the computer be rebooted to recover? Or is this just a momentary hesitation/hitch?

Assuming you've reinstalled game and Windows to eliminate possible glitches with Windows, game, drivers, etc...?

Does your GPU require a PCI-e supplemental power input? A freeze during firing sounds like the GPU might be acting up, or could be becoming 'power starved'....; even if the GPU get's it's power completely thru the PCI-e slot, the MB or PSU can be responsible as well...

No its just a momentary hitch. Yes i reinstalled game and windows too. I changed psu 2 days ago btw and before the change it was freezing aswell.