[SOLVED] Games freezing since installing an SSD ?

Feb 7, 2021
Recently I bought a SATA SSD and got Windows 10 installed on it, I put all of my games on it but since I did so they have been freezing for usually 1 or 2 seconds at a time yet I can still hear what's going on in-game, other times the sound is just out of place or missing. These are my PC specs:

• Intel core i3-8100
• Radeon RX 5500 XT
• ASRock H310M-HDV motherboard
• Patriot P210 512GB SSD
• a WD 1TB disk (Not sure of the exact name)
• Vulcan Z DDR4 16GB 3600
• G Skill DDR4 8GB 2400
• EVGA 600W

I have noticed two things that I believe are off with my computer, the first one is that at random times it makes the same sound that it usually makes when it's shutting down, the other one I noticed when I checked the task manager to see the disk's name, the SSD appears to suddenly spike to 50% or even 100% for a few seconds out of nowhere.

I have checked multiple times that I got the drivers up to date and I updated Windows just today and it is still happening, any clues of what should I do now? I would really appreciate any help that I can get

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Model for your EVGA PSU? 600W is the wattage not it's model. What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? Did you use Windows Media Creation Tools to fabricate your bootable installer for Windows 10? One more thing, why do you have two brands of ram? You should work with the G.Skill's alone or the Vulcan alone.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Model for your EVGA PSU? 600W is the wattage not it's model. What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? Did you use Windows Media Creation Tools to fabricate your bootable installer for Windows 10? One more thing, why do you have two brands of ram? You should work with the G.Skill's alone or the Vulcan alone.

Solution
Feb 7, 2021
The PSU is the regular 80plus version, at least that's all that's written in the box. This is what I found about my bios: American Megatrends Inc. P3.00, 16/7/18 SMBIOS 3.1 UEFI. I don't know about the Windows media creation tool, a local technician was the one that got me the SSD installed but he isn't being too helpful now. Also, I'm running two different rams because I bought the G skill one some years ago and I wanted to update but I wasn't aware that my motherboard doesn't support more than 2400 GHz until after the fact, so I guessed that it wouldn't make much of a difference to have both of them installed, just to clarify when the problem started I was only using the Vulcan one.