[SOLVED] Games freezing

Jan 15, 2022
My computer is freezing during gameplay and will unfreeze after a few seconds some times it takes awhile. I thought it was graphics card so I changed that did a check on both ram sticks all was good there. I just built the pc this month and had no problems at first.
Specs are
Ryzen 7 1700x
B450 motherboard
16gigs ram
750w power supply
1650 oc graphics
250mb m.2
2 tb hard disk
The games it freezes on is league of legends, escape from tarkov, gta v
All drives are up to date and has fresh copy of windows.

Solution
Just the game freezes, the mouse still moves around the screen

Try your best to isolate the issue. Sounds like either CPU or GPU issue. Definitely run Task Manager while you play and monitor the usage. I'm leaning more towards a GPU issue, try to run tests / benchmarks. Narrow what's causing it

Phillipson

Honorable
Jun 14, 2016
I will say there's not enough info provided. Does you entire computer freeze? Or just the game? Have you tried running benchmarks, does it freeze then? I'd recommend looking at Event Viewer for any red flags you may notice

If possible, run Task Manager while you're playing. Pay attention to the CPU / GPU usage

Phillipson

Honorable
Jun 14, 2016
Just the game freezes, the mouse still moves around the screen

Try your best to isolate the issue. Sounds like either CPU or GPU issue. Definitely run Task Manager while you play and monitor the usage. I'm leaning more towards a GPU issue, try to run tests / benchmarks. Narrow what's causing it

Solution
Jan 15, 2022
I just bought the gpu so I would hope that’s not the issue so it’s probably cpu

Phillipson

Honorable
Jun 14, 2016
Well as far as what's been said. This is a new PC build. It's very possible the hardware itself isn't seated properly? And the reality is, faulty hardware is possible.

No matter what - your PC runs fine until you begin playing games. Then abruptly, the game freezes but not your computer. Use Task Manager to determine if the CPU is blame. My first thought is GPU. Verify proper hardware installation; reseat this and it's cabling

And run benchmarks while watching Task Manager. Narrow the issue, isolate the actual root. Best of luck

Reactions: HuddlePup