[SOLVED] Games getting minimized while gaming fullscreen.

Oct 5, 2021
I just finished a new build and started gaming on it. I noticed something would open up causing the game to minimize. I have made my games windowed versions so it is not noticed as much. It is still annoying to have to deal with. I have watched several videos and other threads about stuff, but open to try more if anyone has ideas.

Solution
its not them minimizing as much as there is another window opening i can see it start opening but nothing pops up and he doesn't stay up for long. not sure if that's similar or not.

That doesn't sound bad then. I think a windows reinstall should solve it for you.
Better yet, get accustomed to use macrium reflect free, and make a backup when you have a working system.
With That backup you can restore the exact same backup witha flash drive within 5 minutes, no more reinstall windows bogus.
Oct 5, 2021
i have done that plus mess with system config, multiple other settings, game modes, uninstalled steam, blocked notifications, even changed startup apps and still nothing to fix it.

bobalazs

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
i have done that plus mess with system config, multiple other settings, game modes, uninstalled steam, blocked notifications, even changed startup apps and still nothing to fix it.
Also you will hardly believe this, but i remembered my friend's situation from years ago, and just asked him now, and he confirmed that, he had faulty RAM back then and that caused his games to minimize to taskbar. His task manager would show the game running, but the games were invisible.

Oct 5, 2021
Also you will hardly believe this, but i remembered my friend's situation from years ago, and just asked him now, and he confirmed that, he had faulty RAM back then and that caused his games to minimize to taskbar. His task manager would show the game running, but the games were invisible.
its not them minimizing as much as there is another window opening i can see it start opening but nothing pops up and he doesn't stay up for long. not sure if that's similar or not.

bobalazs

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010

That doesn't sound bad then. I think a windows reinstall should solve it for you.
Better yet, get accustomed to use macrium reflect free, and make a backup when you have a working system.
With That backup you can restore the exact same backup witha flash drive within 5 minutes, no more reinstall windows bogus.

Solution
Oct 5, 2021
Ok ill try that never thought of that.