Question Games Have Begun Crashing, Trying to Diagnose What Part is Dying

Jul 26, 2024
Games have begun running much lower FPS than normal, trying to diagnose what's going wrong.

I've already done a clean install of the gpu drivers using seperate software that fully wiped them first, forgot the name, as well as a rollback to older drivers.

HWiNFO logs here, I've highlighted when I *think* the crash occurred as well as hidden a lot of other rows, let me know if I should unhide: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LfFTK55Xa4wFy_QE_iSblpHm0we8a78ZvVUM_uTtUxA/edit?usp=sharing

I also have event logs, is there a way to do an attachment?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
MOBO: TUF Gaming B550M-Plus (WI-FI)
GPU: nvidia GTX 3080 Founders Edition
Ram: Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600 MHz DDR4 DRAM 32GB (16gb x 2)
PSU: RM750 - Can't recall for certain if it's new to this build, 4 years. Or from my last build, probably more like 8 years.

Drives:
Corsair Force Series MP600 1TB Gen4 PCIe X4 NVMe: 25GB free (Windows on this drive)
Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB: 1.5TB free
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB: 75GB free
ST3000DM008-2DM166 3TB: 230GB free (HwIiNFO is telling me this has unrepairable sections, so I might need to replace that soon. No programs are installed on it, strictly video storage.)

Screenshots from two seperate days: today, where I had a few crashes and gave up on gaming, and last week when I tried a bunch of things to solve the issue and kept crashing over and over:

Had to get a friend to upload the images, idk why.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

= = = =

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition (original to build, new, used, refurbished).

Disk drive(s): make, model capacity, how full?

Instead of Event Viewer (for now anyway) look in Reliability History/Monitor.

Use the Day view.

Expand the window so all can be seen and select a date that seems to have the most errors of any sort but focus on red circles.

Take a screenshot of the window and post the screenshot here via imgur (www.imgur.com).

Jul 26, 2024
On the imgur screen do you see the green "+ New Post" icon in the upper left corner?

Click the green icon and drop the image(s) in the dash walled box.

Then when finished, copy the resulting URL and post that URL here.
yeah, I do that and then the post 404's when I try to use the link. And trying to post to community to see if that worked resulted in that error.

Like I said, fixed with the power of friendship. I sent the images to a buddy and he was able to post. I can't get anything to upload. It shows as uploaded in my account but I can't go look at it myself even.

Regardless, images are now up and linked.

Jul 26, 2024
On the imgur screen do you see the green "+ New Post" icon in the upper left corner?

Click the green icon and drop the image(s) in the dash walled box.

Then when finished, copy the resulting URL and post that URL here.
Have I otherwise added everything needful to the post? Any specs I didn't know to include?

Ralston18

Titan
Screenshots very helpful.

Increasing numbers of errors and varying errors is a sign of a faltering/failing PSU.

And that is what I am seeing in the screenshots. View the technical details for specific codes. The codes may or may not be helpful.

Referring back to:

"PSU: RM750 - Can't recall for certain if it's new to this build, 4 years. Or from my last build, probably more like 8 years."

The PSU may be nearing or at its' designed in EOL (End of Life).

If possible swap in another known working, well rated PSU with equal or higher wattage. Be sure to use only the cables that come with that PSU.

Be sure that you have backed up all important data and proven that the data is recoverable and readable.

Likely there are corrupted files that will need to be dealt with.