[SOLVED] Games keep crashing on ultra settings

gedis

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011
Hi, i have a problem playing games on ultra/high mode and 4k settings. if i run games at 4k ultra/high settings games crashes after couple mins, if i lower the graphics to 1080p medium settings i get an hour or two of gaming before it crashes, the games are ghost recon wildlands and red dead redemption.
what i noticed with rdr2 that if i change from vulkan to dx12 it works fine but then only one graphics card is being used, i read its something to do with memory running out, does anyone know any fix for it? all drivers are up to date
my pc:
amd ryzen 3950x
asus rog 2080ti x2
32gb ram
corshair 1200 psu
pc is watercooled

Solution
Rockstar did not support SLI if I remember and it would have to be supported fully by them to make it work through DX12/ vulcan.
Not sure if Wild lands is either.
Thing is with SLI its flaky most of the time, alot of devs dont support it or if they did they dont maintain it and if I recall SLI is being dropped all together.
With the VRAM issue having two 11GB cards does not give you 22GB of VRAM, you are limited to the 11GB, so if you are filling that then the only thing you can do is lower textures etc.
You can always play around with profiles in the nvidia control panel, but most the time now I should think its just the lack of support and optimisation for SLI - its on its way out.
So I guess play with a single gpu.

CryoWolf

Honorable
Aug 20, 2014
Rockstar did not support SLI if I remember and it would have to be supported fully by them to make it work through DX12/ vulcan.
Not sure if Wild lands is either.
Thing is with SLI its flaky most of the time, alot of devs dont support it or if they did they dont maintain it and if I recall SLI is being dropped all together.
With the VRAM issue having two 11GB cards does not give you 22GB of VRAM, you are limited to the 11GB, so if you are filling that then the only thing you can do is lower textures etc.
You can always play around with profiles in the nvidia control panel, but most the time now I should think its just the lack of support and optimisation for SLI - its on its way out.
So I guess play with a single gpu.

Solution