[SOLVED] Games lag after upgrading to 3070 ?

Sep 14, 2020
so just got my 3070 and swapped it for my 1060 I had installed. set it up and installed the drivers. went to start my game and stream and nothing but lag. Have no idea what's causing it because my 1060 had no issues what so ever. Any help?

sarthak.saswat.das

Reputable
Dec 2, 2017
I had the exact same issue couple of days back when I installed my 1060(my previous gpu which was a 1050ti which died) and when I launched games they were very laggy. And the fps was less compared to 1050ti. The GPU was sitting at 20-50% usage while my CPU was at 100% all the time. I tried DDU and installed drivers again and even installed old driver but none of that helped.
I also noticed slightly higher CPU temps(80 degree celcius) so i applied new thermal paste and along with that a clean installation of windows fixed my issue. I highly recommend a fresh installation of windows, i believe that is what fixed the issue for me. Do check your CPU temps if you haven't used your PC in a while.

Sep 14, 2020
I had the exact same issue couple of days back when I installed my 1060(my previous gpu which was a 1050ti which died) and when I launched games they were very laggy. And the fps was less compared to 1050ti. The GPU was sitting at 20-50% usage while my CPU was at 100% all the time. I tried DDU and installed drivers again and even installed old driver but none of that helped.
I also noticed slightly higher CPU temps(80 degree celcius) so i applied new thermal paste and along with that a clean installation of windows fixed my issue. I highly recommend a fresh installation of windows, i believe that is what fixed the issue for me. Do check your CPU temps if you haven't used your PC in a while.

man a fresh install? well that kinda sucks then lol