Games lag when a game is full screen, but the taskbar is visible.

GPUX

Prominent
Aug 1, 2017
I’m having trouble with lag during gaming on harmless games such as Roblox and Minecraft when running it in a full screen-like setup. It’s filling the entire screen, but the taskbar and Quit, minimize, dock bar is appearing.

If you need an image of what that looks like, I can give you that if you need.

Thanks.

Solution
not sure about Roblox but Minecraft my kids had that same issue and we fixed that by installing java 64 bit so the program runs in java instead of its built in emulator. Make sure you have the current version of Java 64 bit. make sure you remove the 32 bit java if you have. I dont remember if I had to anything special other then installing java 64bit (I have java 8.x something installed and it works great)

Doctor Rob

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
not sure about Roblox but Minecraft my kids had that same issue and we fixed that by installing java 64 bit so the program runs in java instead of its built in emulator. Make sure you have the current version of Java 64 bit. make sure you remove the 32 bit java if you have. I dont remember if I had to anything special other then installing java 64bit (I have java 8.x something installed and it works great)

Solution