Question Games only work when using a VPN

Oct 28, 2019
I have come to the conclusion that this is an issue with my ISP but I am not sure what to say when I contact them. If anyone could help me out I'd appreciate it.

I forget what the latest term microsoft uses for default firewall settings. Used to be public and private. The public one assumed you were directly on the internet and pretty much only allowed web traffic.

ISP generally don't care about you using other port numbers it is all traffic to them. They sometime block your ability to create server function...ie you have a minecraft server in your house. Still VPN is actually worse in that case so that is not your problem.

I would try the option that disables the firewall completely for a short time. I would also try to stop the virus software but be very careful to only test the game while you have this off and turn it back on after.

Oct 28, 2019
I forget what the latest term microsoft uses for default firewall settings. Used to be public and private. The public one assumed you were directly on the internet and pretty much only allowed web traffic.

ISP generally don't care about you using other port numbers it is all traffic to them. They sometime block your ability to create server function...ie you have a minecraft server in your house. Still VPN is actually worse in that case so that is not your problem.

I would try the option that disables the firewall completely for a short time. I would also try to stop the virus software but be very careful to only test the game while you have this off and turn it back on after.
Ok so I tried turning off windows firewall and windows defender and I still have the same problem.