Question Games randomly freeze / lag (short stutterings)

Bittex

Reputable
Aug 8, 2019
Hi. Recently i noticed that whenever i play a game (any game) the game would sometimes freeze or lag for a second or two. It's really annoying and i am not sure what could cause it.
Here are my specs:
Processor
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor
Video Card
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER
RAM
16 GB
SSD
gigabyte gp-gsm2ne3100tntd
Motherboard
B450M DS3H-CF
Operating System
Windows 10 version 10.0.19041
Case
Antec NX310
PSU
ANTEC PSU 700W Neo ECO GOLD ZEN

Last edited:

Bittex

Reputable
Aug 8, 2019
What games? What are the graphics settings at (ultra, high, etc.)? What is your PSU make/model?
On every game pretty much, Valorant, R6S, Among Us, Rogue Company... i play quite a few.
I usually run my games on medium to high settings (not ultra if possible) and shadows are usually low.
I don't remember my PSU model but i know it's a 750W one.
The thing is it started happenning all of a sudden without a reason, i had the PC for a few months already and it's a pretty new problem.

well see the problem is if you cannot be bothered to look inside and find out what make it is quite easy open case look inside then there is no one going to help you its ether PSU or programs running in windows what do you have running push CTRL/ALT/DELETE and post a screenshot.

Bittex

Reputable
Aug 8, 2019
well see the problem is if you cannot be bothered to look inside and find out what make it is quite easy open case look inside then there is no one going to help you its ether PSU or programs running in windows what do you have running push CTRL/ALT/DELETE and post a screenshot.
It's an ANTEC PSU 700W Neo ECO GOLD ZEN.
Screenshot_1.png

Bittex

Reputable
Aug 8, 2019
Your RTX 2070S may be having some issues.
Run HWiNFO64 (sensors only, logging on) in the background while you game for at least 30 mins (make sure the lag occurs and take note of the time that it does). After 30 mins check the logs and see what's going on with your GPU/CPU around that time, or upload the log file somewhere and give us the link so we can have a look.