[SOLVED] Games running slow after graphics driver update

Jun 28, 2020
I was having an issue with my screen turning random colors and my computer crashing, and one of the fixes I tried was updating my drivers. It didn't work, but now that I've solved that problem by doing a thorough cleaning on the card itself, all the games I play seem to run a lot slower. I tried doing a system restore, which failed multiple times (file couldn't be extracted, or something like that), and also tried rolling back, but realized I had gotten rid of previous versions. I went to the website and chose an older version of the drivers, but the problem remains. I don't know what version of the drivers I had before all of this, so I don't know what to go to, nor do I know if it would even be possible to as I got this computer years ago and never had a need to update my drivers. I have a Radeon 550 series graphics card.

Solution
I left a game running for a while and it stayed in the 50s-60s. This wasn't me playing though, as the fps is too bad for me to really want to.
The temperature must be taken during a game, only need to play for a minute or two. The temperature can drop in a matter of seconds after exiting a game. MSIAfterburner will record the temperature over time.
Jun 28, 2020
It’s a good idea to check temperatures now and then even if it is so you know what is normal for your pc. Try using a program like MSIAfterburner to record temps while you game and let us know.
I left a game running for a while and it stayed in the 50s-60s. This wasn't me playing though, as the fps is too bad for me to really want to.