May 4, 2018
PC SPECS
Intel Core i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz, 4001Mhz, 4 Cores, 8 Logical Processors
16.0 GB RAM
64-bit OS
Win-7 Home Premium
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 "Superclocked"
MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Motherboard

I had a nasty virus on my PC for a little while and I managed to get rid of it after hours of scanning with multiple anti-viruses. I mention this because I'm not sure if this is what is crashing my games which in turn breaks my PC. This only started occurring after the virus had been installed. Also, this only happens after a game has crashed, for some odd reason.

I can play my games for random intervals of time, from 1 to ~80min. before they suddenly crash without warning or message. When this happens, I can no longer open a vast majority of apps. Clicking on things like calendar, internet, sound and such does nothing. When trying to shut down my PC, it gets stuck on the "Logging Off..." screen for eternity until I manually shut off my computer, and when restarting it I am welcomed with that black screen asking if I want to go into safe mode or start windows normally. This happens with the only games that I currently play, those being only Fortnite and Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2. Both games use this thing called EasyAntiCheat which I thought may have been the problem, but after some testing I figured out that was not the case. I haven't overclocked anything or tampered with the system.

[Things I've Tried]:
Malwarebytes, Avast, McAfee, and CCleaner scans - Nothing
Updating GPU drivers - Done, no change
Using MSConfig & CCleaner to disable programs that boot automatically - It fixes the Logging Off screen however the problem will occur again if any of my games crash at random as described above.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'd love to get back to gaming without this annoyance!

Solution
I had a nasty virus on my PC for a little while and I managed to get rid of it after hours of scanning with multiple anti-viruses.
You are better to reinstall the OS again. You can't get rid of the virus completely by that way.