Question Games when first installed or a couple of times playing after installing the game, games keep changing the resolition higher then what i have.

Blackknight123

Reputable
Jan 18, 2020
Games when first installed or a couple of times playing after installing the game, games keep changing the resolition higher then what i have.
To some unknown resolution.
I tried changing configs of games and setting the resolution that way even tried putting that file i eddited as read only but doesn't work that way either.
Now this is a problem that i won't know for sure if it's fixed in short term but in long term.
Every game i installed is impacted by it: League of Legends, Terraria, Rocket League, Elden Ring, CS:GO
PC SPECS:
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650
Doubt other parts can do anything with this

Blackknight123

Reputable
Jan 18, 2020
This:

"I tried changing configs of games and setting the resolution that way even tried putting that file i eddited as read only "

[My underline.]

What file: source, what edits were attempted, reference for attempted edits?
rocketleague/TAgame/Config/DefaultSystemSettings for rocketleague for example, i edited it to
ResX=1440
ResY=900
but seems to ignore it.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Monitor(s)? Connectivity?

You are editing ResX and ResY to be 1440 and 900 respectively. When those values are ignored, what actual values are being used/configured?

I noted some online videos regarding such editing. Some of the videos appeared to require that the changes be made in more than one place/line.

All changes being made in some .ini file by using Notepad.

Is that how you attempting to change the resolutions?

Blackknight123

Reputable
Jan 18, 2020
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Monitor(s)? Connectivity?

You are editing ResX and ResY to be 1440 and 900 respectively. When those values are ignored, what actual values are being used/configured?

I noted some online videos regarding such editing. Some of the videos appeared to require that the changes be made in more than one place/line.

All changes being made in some .ini file by using Notepad.

Is that how you attempting to change the resolutions?
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 1650
CPU: intel 10100F
RAM: 16GB (2 x 8GB) KINGSTON Beast
SSD:

KINGSTON SSDNow 480GB
MOTHERBOARD:

ASUS PRIME H410M-R-SI
POWER SUPPLY: Star Solution 570W

Answer to first Question:
i have no idea it's higher then monitors i know that much.
Second Question YES

Ralston18

Titan
When you change the values in the .ini file are you certain that the changes are being saved?

Use the Nvidia Control Panel to check the resolutions before gaming, etc..

Then again while gaming (pause) and look.

Then once more after attempting the edits again.

Also try "WIN" + "I" > System > Display > Advanced display settings (scroll down)

Multiple displays?

What resolution values are listed?

Make and model monitor(s)? If the monitor has its' own drivers, those drivers may be bumping up the resolution value.

Knowing what "higher values" are being imposed (albeit hardware, software, or some configuration file) may provide a clue to where the problem resides.

Then again, if higher values are being applied and unsupportable, the higher values (although shown) simply may be being ignored: "no harm, no foul".....

Blackknight123

Reputable
Jan 18, 2020
Okay as for the config files they work now i simply did not notice multiple sections where i need to change it.
i did.
all good in windows setting and one monitor.
it's some 10 year old monitor LOC HAS NO drivers
So now i kinda now how to fix it.
But it still is making problems with new games or after a while with all games.
NEW INFO: IN SOME GAMES EVEN WHEN I CHANGE ANY VIDEO SETTING BE IT RESOLUTION TO ANY OR GRAPHICS ANY THING IN IT. IT WILL AGAIN SHOW INPUT NOT SUPPORTED AND I NEED TO RESTART GAME.
now this is not posing much problem since i can run pretty much anything, i even play elden ring on medium high with these specs and resolution.
But it's stil anoying so if you got an idea it would be appreaciated.
I apologize for late answer.