GameSpy Servers Shutting Down in May

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdog2pt0

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
Bunch of dbags that Glu Mobile company is. Figured they killed GS when they bought it and screwed everyone over. Now I guess they're really making sure it's dead.

lostalaska

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2010
It might have been useful originally, but in the last decade it's turned into a reminder about the dangers of using a 3rd party piece of networking software for your game and how that can end up biting a game company in the ass. Good riddance you miserable POS.

signothorn

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012
To their credit, IGN has attempted to be helpful in the final stages of this transition. I was an admin at one of the "Planet" sites and those sites stopped being supported a few years ago. I relocated our community and recently we contacted IGN to see if they would be willing to negotiate a price for our old domain name and they simply gave it to us for free with very few questions. It was really kind of them, I thought.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
GameSpy has sucked for a long time. A better way has been needed for a long time. I guess that maybe Steam. But with UT3, it was REALLY in your face about "logging on" in order for the damn UT3 to properly load the settings (not a default)... and it was such crap that they also helped cause the failure of UT3.

I haven't played online with UT3 for a long while because gamespy has messed up my account and won't take my password. Maybe EPIC will do a patch... maybe Epic will make UT4 and do it RIGHT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS