[SOLVED] Gaming card

Joshfred

Commendable
Mar 21, 2019
Hi all I’m new here and was wondering about a wireless card that I want to install in my desktop, I have recently moved and can no longer use a hard wire connection there is one wall in between the computer and router so about 15 feet to the tower the card I was was looking at was the ASUS PCE-AC55BT B1 AC1200 Wireless Bluetooth 4.2 PCIe/Mpcie Adapter I will take any suggestions though I play games like wow and just web browsing thank you all again

Solution
For a PCIE card that is one of the better ones primarily because it has remote antenna.

There is no "good" wifi "gaming" card. All wifi is subject to external interference...ie your neighbors wifi. This interference causes data retransmission which causes random delays between packets. Online games use the delay between packets what you see users call ping time to sync the user client with the server. When you get random delays you get lag in game because the client and server are trying to stay in sync. The designs are fundamentally different and work poorly together.

If you get lucky wifi will work ok. You have to expect the random lag spikes even on the best wifi though.

Only real solution is not to use wifi...
For a PCIE card that is one of the better ones primarily because it has remote antenna.

There is no "good" wifi "gaming" card. All wifi is subject to external interference...ie your neighbors wifi. This interference causes data retransmission which causes random delays between packets. Online games use the delay between packets what you see users call ping time to sync the user client with the server. When you get random delays you get lag in game because the client and server are trying to stay in sync. The designs are fundamentally different and work poorly together.

If you get lucky wifi will work ok. You have to expect the random lag spikes even on the best wifi though.

Only real solution is not to use wifi. Powerline tends to be a better option for online games since it not subject to interference coming from outside the house. The newer AV2 technology works best.

Solution