Question Gaming Causes CPU % and GPU % to drop to nearly 0 about every 30 sec?

May 12, 2022
I have had this pc for less than a year and it’s always done this. I’ve tried remote support thru the manufacturer (it was pre-built) and also sent it to them for “repair”, where they replaced the GPU.

Specs:
i7 11700F
RTX 3060
750 W gold PSU
windows 10 home
no overclock, bios up to date

what i’ve tried:
  • toggling graphics-heavy settings such as "ambient occlusion", "anti-aliasing", "post-processing effects", etc on/off in game menus and in NVIDIA control panel.
  • toggling vsync on/off in game menus and in NVIDIA control panel
  • disabling all background processes, turning off WiFi, disabling all overlays
  • uninstalling all softwares with a clean reset of Windows 10 and playing with only steam and the game itself installed
  • bringing my PC tower to a friend's set-up and trying with all their peripherals to ensure it wasn't some strange conflict with my keyboard, mouse, monitor, surge protector, etc.
  • windows memory diagnostics
  • toggling windows 10 "game mode" on/off
  • monitoring temperatures of CPU and GPU
  • stress tests/benchmark softwares
  • manually lowering resolution
  • manually setting fps caps
  • changing PC settings to max power/performance mode
  • clean reinstall of drivers using ddu, even tried previous gpu drivers too
  • xmp profiles on/off
  • replaced gpu, replaced PSU, replaced AIO (the old one gave out after a few months anyway)

NOTHING has made a difference. here’s a couple links of gameplay as well as resource monitor. notice how CPU tanks and GPU tanks in the nvidia overlay tab. there are 4 time stamps in each description if you fully expand it that link to the worst lags in each vid.

Lag in Alba
Lag in TS4
Lag in GTA V

so, my question is where do i go from here? should i try replacing the mobo, the cpu, the ram? i’ve got a bit of a theseus’s ship situation on my hands, and would love some advice before i just throw the whole thing out my window out of frustration.

I have had this pc for less than a year and it’s always done this. I’ve tried remote support thru the manufacturer (it was pre-built) and also sent it to them for “repair”, where they replaced the GPU.

Specs:
i7 11700F
RTX 3060
750 W gold PSU
windows 10 home
no overclock, bios up to date

what i’ve tried:
  • toggling graphics-heavy settings such as "ambient occlusion", "anti-aliasing", "post-processing effects", etc on/off in game menus and in NVIDIA control panel.
  • toggling vsync on/off in game menus and in NVIDIA control panel
  • disabling all background processes, turning off WiFi, disabling all overlays
  • uninstalling all softwares with a clean reset of Windows 10 and playing with only steam and the game itself installed
  • bringing my PC tower to a friend's set-up and trying with all their peripherals to ensure it wasn't some strange conflict with my keyboard, mouse, monitor, surge protector, etc.
  • windows memory diagnostics
  • toggling windows 10 "game mode" on/off
  • monitoring temperatures of CPU and GPU
  • stress tests/benchmark softwares
  • manually lowering resolution
  • manually setting fps caps
  • changing PC settings to max power/performance mode
  • clean reinstall of drivers using ddu, even tried previous gpu drivers too
  • xmp profiles on/off
  • replaced gpu, replaced PSU, replaced AIO (the old one gave out after a few months anyway)
NOTHING has made a difference. here’s a couple links of gameplay as well as resource monitor. notice how CPU tanks and GPU tanks in the nvidia overlay tab. there are 4 time stamps in each description if you fully expand it that link to the worst lags in each vid.

Lag in Alba
Lag in TS4
Lag in GTA V

so, my question is where do i go from here? should i try replacing the mobo, the cpu, the ram? i’ve got a bit of a theseus’s ship situation on my hands, and would love some advice before i just throw the whole thing out my window out of frustration.
Just to take a peek.

Download this.
UBM

Reboot.
Wait a few mins.
Run UBM with the browser closed.
Post a LINK to the results page.