Gaming Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian_278

Honorable
Aug 5, 2017
I apologize but I could not find the appropriate section to post this.
After six years it's time to dump the old gaming chair and purchase a new one.
I keep seeing Secretlab all over the place, but they are pricing starting at around $679 Canadian.
OR, Staples have a decent model for $319??
Do you really get what you pay for when it comes to gaming chairs??? I have zero clue.
Could use some help, opinions? anyone purchase one recently that you really love??
Definitely need good back and especially lumbar support.
Thanks.

Wolfshadw

Titan
So it arrived early. Just finished assembling it and so far, I'd give it a 7/10. Full disclosure, this is my first "gaming" chair and I didn't really buy it because I'm an active gamer.

My old chair was more comfortable, but then maybe that's because I'd been sitting in it for 15 years. This one is far more comfortable that the chair I had been using since my old one broke.
The assembly manual leaves a bit to be desired. There are some misspellings and instructions that I had to guess at. Nothing too serious though.
The leg rest is too short for my tastes (I'm 5' 10"). Even at full recline, it still feels a little short.
Had to readjust the headrest. Not really used when sitting vertically, but is nice when reclined.

All in all, it's a couple of steps up from what I had been sitting in. The reclining feature is very nice (even if the leg rest is a bit off). Haven't tried the massage feature just yet. Any questions, feel free to ask.

-Wolf sends

mihen

Honorable
Oct 11, 2017
I think gaming chairs are a scam. If I could get a recliner or swivel chair with 4 wheels on it, that's what I would opt for. In general once you set your seat height, you will never need to adjust it again. Then you are left with a flawed single stem design that swivels and a gas shock underneath your butt.
As far as chair materials I would stay far far away from PU leathers. They will end up falling apart early. The staples leather chairs are all PU leather. My current chair has been with me almost a decade and uses full grain leather and polished aluminum. It cost $600. The leather has held up, but the gas shock is probably dead at this point.

Apr 4, 2022
Andaseat Ironman edition, got the last one in US inventory Nov 2022 for $239 usd. AMAZING chair.
AndaSeatIronManMarvel.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.