Gaming Computer No post

Tankus422

Prominent
Apr 16, 2017
So I built a computer about a month and a half ago and it was working great played games was fast no heating issues [I took my careful time building it]. I was playing games the night before no problems everything was fine then i turn it off, wake up the next day, it turns on for a few minutes then turns off and wont post now its been about a month of troubleshooting and sending parts to get RMA'd. Now i noticed on my motherboard the debug LED showed that the CPU would light up, then the DRAM led would light up then they would turn off, and the system would still run but no post, I sent it to get RMA'd by MSI and it returned doing the same thing, I went amd borrowed DDR4 anarchy sticks and the problem still happened so if it is not the board not the RAM could it be my CPU? Im testing video with the onboard graphics till the problem gets found.

Specifications:
CPU: Intel pentium G4560 3.50GHz

RAM: Trident Z RGB DDR4 3000Mhz

Mobo: MSI Z270 Krait Gaming

VGU: MSI GTX 1050 TI OC 4GB

PSU: EVGA 550 G2 80+ Gold Supernova

Storage: SanDisk 120GB SSD/ 3TB Seagate HDD

Monitor: ASUS 23" HDMI 1080

Solution

You tried a different video cable and a different monitor? No error beeps when you turn on the system? Maybe the power supply is bad. Try without the hard drive or anything in the SATA ports.
You said you were sending parts to be exchanged, what did you exchange? You said you are testing with onboard graphics, do the system works without the video card in it? Aside from that, why would you buy a high end motherboard for a low end CPU instead of getting an i5 and/or faster video card and a cheaper motherboard? Seems a bit backwards. The motherboard is $160, you can get a good one for $80 and get a faster CPU or video card, or both.

Tankus422

Prominent
Apr 16, 2017
Hang-the-9 Once you give me money to get an i5 then ill be glad to get one, i also got the motherboard on a sale they were having for 89.99 the total amount for my PC was 650$ My friend has been gaming with a GTX 1050 ti and a G4560 just fine for a while now. Back to the problem at hand now, I sent the MOBO, RAM, and Graphics card to get renewed, they said nothing was wrong with it. The system does not post with or without the Graphics card everything else starts up just no video

You tried a different video cable and a different monitor? No error beeps when you turn on the system? Maybe the power supply is bad. Try without the hard drive or anything in the SATA ports.

Solution