Question Gaming FPS sudden drop - which component @ fault?

mboy12

Reputable
May 14, 2017
Hi all

Wondering if you could help problem solve direct which component is at fault here.
Very noob mistake, removed RTX2080 video card whilst computer off, but didn't pull out the power cord.
Sudden whilst removing, PSU fired-up the motherboard and I shut down after 5 seconds in disbelief

Put everything back, win10 loads up fine.
All basic apps working well - Office/browing
Start battlefield V - and getting 5 FPS on the main menu. Call of Duty won't boot up . But TeamFortress runs ok.
No software changes and graphic drivers up to date. All PSU cables in correctly.

So I thought I fried my video card somehow - bought a new one - and video card not the problem : < - still low FPS in BFV
So I thought it has to be the motherboard - painfully souced an old LGA MB - installed it - not the problem :< - still low FPS in BFV.

Im going to painfully go throught replacing the other components ( which I have to buy - no spares)

Do you think its the PSU vs CPU vs RAM vs M2 sata drive?

Any software methods I could problem solve which is the culprit here - I presume something with the power cycle must have friend something.

Thanks
MB

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hi all

Wondering if you could help problem solve direct which component is at fault here.
Very noob mistake, removed RTX2080 video card whilst computer off, but didn't pull out the power cord.
Sudden whilst removing, PSU fired-up the motherboard and I shut down after 5 seconds in disbelief

Put everything back, win10 loads up fine.
All basic apps working well - Office/browing
Start battlefield V - and getting 5 FPS on the main menu. Call of Duty won't boot up . But TeamFortress runs ok.
No software changes and graphic drivers up to date. All PSU cables in correctly.

So I thought I fried my video card somehow - bought a new one - and video card not the problem : < - still low FPS in BFV
So I thought it has to be the motherboard - painfully souced an old LGA MB - installed it - not the problem :< - still low FPS in BFV.

Im going to painfully go throught replacing the other components ( which I have to buy - no spares)

Do you think its the PSU vs CPU vs RAM vs M2 sata drive?

Any software methods I could problem solve which is the culprit here - I presume something with the power cycle must have friend something.

Thanks
MB
Run this with nothing else running and post a link to the results.