gaming/hardware performance while gaming

Aug 10, 2018
[sorry if i get any information wrond or for any bad grammar]

[i used just cause 3 in this topic as an example but what i'm saying applies to a bunch of games]

my brother gave me his old pc so i downloaded just cause 3,fallout 4,dmc devl may cry,gta 5...
but right after launching just cause 3 it found that the quality is unplayable i barely maintain 20 fps and from my understanding my computer spes are not bad compared to what it demands my specs:

GRAPHICS:amd radeom hd7600 with 2 gb of vram

CPU:Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3230M CPU @ 2.60GHz
MEMORY:8gb ram

game specs[minimum]:

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K, 3.3 GHz / AMD Phenom II X6 1075T 3 GHz
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 670 (2 GB) / AMD Radeon HD 7870 (2 GB)
game specs[recomended]:

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770, 3.4 GHz / AMD FX-8350, 4.0 GHz
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 (3 GB) / AMD R9 290 (4 GB)
i searched for youtube and found a guy with the same exact spes rnning gta 5 at 60 stable fps and just cause 3 and gta 5 specs are not so different but then i tried maxind my cpu and download rezer game booster but it did not help a bit so i thought about oveclocking but i tried bt not find a way to oveclock this gpu and cpu[if you know how please tell me it is a laptop]

so i'm asking for help and if someone can answer me thes questions

1.does having malwares/viruses make gaming performance slower

2.does not cleaning my computer make gaming performance slower

3.is my laptop considerd low end or mid end

4.how can i overclock my components components

5.when starting the computer i get a blinkng dot until lke 5 miutes then the compter starts to boot up

6.what does turbo boost mean because i have it enabled

7.does razer game booster really improve performance or not

8.when is start the game get the message that i have a low ammount of space and that it would impact the performance when i have 100 gb free space and 8 gb ram

Solution
1) Yes, you'll want a fully functional OS with nothing bleeding off resources. This includes some desirable programs that should be disabled for maximum gaming performance

2) If you mean physically, yes, dust build up can be a severe problem in laptops that will cause overheating and throttling of the CPU or GPU

3) This would have been a mid-range laptop when it was sold, so it is more low end now

4) Overclocking off the shelf laptops isn't always possible, thermal restrictions are usually the biggest problem. You may be able to clock the graphics a little higher with MSI Afterburner

5) That sounds like a serious problem. Not really sure what could explain that symptom, is the battery in good condition? (Try removing it as a test...

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
1) Yes, you'll want a fully functional OS with nothing bleeding off resources. This includes some desirable programs that should be disabled for maximum gaming performance

2) If you mean physically, yes, dust build up can be a severe problem in laptops that will cause overheating and throttling of the CPU or GPU

3) This would have been a mid-range laptop when it was sold, so it is more low end now

4) Overclocking off the shelf laptops isn't always possible, thermal restrictions are usually the biggest problem. You may be able to clock the graphics a little higher with MSI Afterburner

5) That sounds like a serious problem. Not really sure what could explain that symptom, is the battery in good condition? (Try removing it as a test.

6) Turbo boost is a feature of most recent Intel CPUs. As long as temperature allows, the CPU will boost to a maximum set frequency.

7) I doubt it. Most of those utilities disable certain system functions not necessary for gaming, but they can't cover everything, particularly other software you have installed.

8) Hmm, this might lead back to your first point. Something could be silently using your disk space and memory. You might check your virtual memory settings. Typical rule of thumb is that you should have 1.5-2 times the virtual memory compared to your physical memory (12 or 16GB)

If you have the opportunity, consider registering Windows to your e-mail account and re-install a fresh copy. Should get rid of any bloatware the OEM provided and remove most malicious software.

Getting a can of compressed air and giving the heatsink and fan a good dusting is probably also worthwhile.

Solution

mdsimmons1118

Upstanding
Aug 6, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from bedisdabest : "please help laptop difficulties in hardawre/gaming performance"

Yes having a nearly full hdd or ssd will slow things down quite a bit. Also according to the specs you provided, the processor and graphics may be a little bit too low for the system requirements so this may affect performance.