[SOLVED] Gaming headset doesn´t work on PC Win 10

Aug 20, 2019
Hi. I bough a Trust GTX344 Creon headet. It comes with one plug and one adapter cable "Y" for two plug 3.5 out for PC. when I connect into PC (Win 10) I can listen, but mic sound far away. I tried:
2 PCs Win 10
1 notebook lenovo win 10
Generics and Realtek drivers
Configuring all kind of setting (levels, gain, disabiling others lines, etc)
Lot of sottwares (recording, gaming, comunicating).
Worst problem? People that Talks to me listen more what I hear than me. In fact, listen theyselfs more than me.
So I tried doing something crazy: I put record on Audition talking close to mic (headset on my hands) and the voice its far away.
Then I record talking close to earphones (first left, then right) and sounds amazing.
Conclusion: Mic is on earphones and the "headset mic" is just a toy.
Question: Why???
I asked Trust and said its hardware issues, but I changed it for another one and has the exactly same problem.
I believe it´s not compatibilty with PC with 2 jacks, but Trust tell me that its compatibility.
What do you think?

PD: another thing its that the remote control has two function: volume control and on/off mic. On/off mic button doesn´t work. Both headsets.
IMG_20171116_173508.jpg

IMG_20171116_173406.jpg

IMG_20171116_173617.jpg

IMG_20171116_173332.jpg

Solution
it could also be the adapter they provide is wired incorrectly.
remove the splitter and plug it into your phone can you make calls without the adapter. the triple ring plug is for mobile devices. PC use 2 ring plugs. if the phone works out its the splitter, if the phone is the same as the PC the headset is junk. I suggest return for refund.
if you can find them I suggest the Xiberia E1 USB headset (may be discontinued). the mic is worth the price alone but they are comfy AF and sound amazing.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
remove the splitter and plug it into your phone can you make calls without the adapter. the triple ring plug is for mobile devices. PC use 2 ring plugs. if the phone works out its the splitter, if the phone is the same as the PC the headset is junk. I suggest return for refund.
if you can find them I suggest the Xiberia E1 USB headset (may be discontinued). the mic is worth the price alone but they are comfy AF and sound amazing.

Solution
Aug 20, 2019
You give a nice idea. I tried with my phone (Android) calling to another one. Tried being the caller and also the receiver, making sure the phone was using the headset mic and not the own mic, and the answer is that worked fine. You can use the pc gamer headset for make calls with smartphones.
So, the product seems to works fine with the original jack but not when its needs to adapt with a splitter (that comes on the box!) for a regular an simple PC.
Of course, Trust said that they tried on Windows and works ok.
Another thing is that maybe the splitter cable is bad quality, maybe? I chinese low quality and improvised cable?

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
yes the test with the phone shows the problem lies in the adapter. if the wrong wire is soldered in the wrong spot on the adapter, a speaker becomes a mic and vice versa.
they are everywhere it seems, dollar stores and such. its the adapter everyone needs to use the phones headset with a PC

Aug 20, 2019
But basically, if you buy a headset that says "pc win 10" and has the cable, it should work. With the adaptar, but should work. I don´t have experience buying new "one only jack" headsets, thats why Im lost.