Gaming Laptop freezes while playing games

joshpiepersetlin

Prominent
Sep 28, 2017
Hey

So I have a ASUS ROG G750JX and have been using it for roughly 4 years now.

Before I ran into this problem around two months back, my Laptop would randomly crash and i assumed this was due to poor cooling, so i would sometimes game with my window open and that would solve the problem, furthermore the laptop is on a desk.

However the past month now my laptop while playing games with randomly freeze, I first only noticed this with League Of Legends however now it is happening in my CS:Go games too, and it seems that I can start a game in league and do whatever, however half way through my laptop will freeze. I can still hear the audio discord of my friends and still talk to them, furthermore my laptop allows me to pres alt + tab and switch through screens however when all the options come up to switch programms the laptop will just stay frozen on the screen and my only option is to reboot. This will happen at least 8/10 games and its really frustrating as It also causes me to get AFK warnings although i cant do anything about it.

I have updated my drivers, reinstall uninstalled drivers, cleaned out the fans, installed CCleaner and so on.

Processor
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ Processor

Operating System
Windows 10

Chipset
Intel® HM87 Express Chipset

Memory
8GB Ram

Display
17.3" 16:9 FHD LED Backlight/Full HD 3D(1920x1080 120Hz)

Graphic
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 770M 3GB GDDR5

64 - Bit Operating System

Solution
Hello ,

Have you tried to reinstall windows , maybe there is some issue with the operating system. If reinstalling windows doesn't help then maybe you have hardware issue. A friend of me just had same issue but with his desktop PC and he replaced the motherboard and the problem was resolved.
Let me know if you do some changed of your operating system , maybe I can help you.

Cheers..

Indivision

Reputable
Sep 27, 2014
Hello ,

Have you tried to reinstall windows , maybe there is some issue with the operating system. If reinstalling windows doesn't help then maybe you have hardware issue. A friend of me just had same issue but with his desktop PC and he replaced the motherboard and the problem was resolved.
Let me know if you do some changed of your operating system , maybe I can help you.

Cheers..

Solution

Indivision

Reputable
Sep 27, 2014

Yes could be, try what "seankay" said , make some test of your CPU temperatures if you get around 70 degrees under load it's ok but if you get more than 80 degrees it means that you need laptop cooler . If processor gets 90 degrees it will shut down to not be damaged. Even if you get 70 its good to have laptop cooler.