[SOLVED] Gaming Laptop vs Itx build

Solution
ITX build. It will be more powerful than a laptop and far more upgradable. FYI don’t buy individual RAM sticks, there is no guarantee they will play nice together, get a 2x16gb kit as the sticks are matched to work together.

gamerbrehdy

Honorable
Jun 15, 2018
Hi guys I was wondering what you think about traveling with an itx build or should I buy a gaming laptop for 1550. I already have 2080.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MZvK4s
ITX. In my case, Micro-ATX. But the Corsair Crystal 280x has two seperate chambers: all the components and wires/storage. This gives it a short and a pretty low profile, but it gets a bit wider.
Don't get that windows license for $160 btw. You can get the same license for about 10 or 20 bucks on keyshops like CDKoffer.

gamerbrehdy

Honorable
Jun 15, 2018
If you like supporting scam sites, sure.

How do you think they can sell a Windows license for that price?
Please give us your thoughts...
Honestly, thought they sourced old office pc's like Dell or Lenovo towers from here and there and took out the windows license key, to resell. I found out about CDKoffers via a sponsored message from a YouTuber (BitwitKyle) and they delivered. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, the internet isn't a safe place.

Edit: CDKoffers stopped selling Windows keys.

USAFRet

Titan
Honestly, thought they sourced old office pc's like Dell or Lenovo towers from here and there and took out the windows license key, to resell. I found out about CDKoffer via a sponsored message from a YouTuber (BitwitKyle) and they delivered. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, the internet isn't a safe place.
If someone is getting paid, people say a LOT of things.

For traveling, I recommend a laptop for the following reasons:
  • If you're traveling by plane, then either the computer is going to take up all of your carry-on volume, won't meet the carry-on dimensions, or you're going to have to check it in. And I'm pretty sure you don't want people manhandling your computer.
  • Also if you're traveling by plane and you have a lengthy layover, lots of airports have places that are convenient for laptop users to plug in and do stuff.
  • You're going to have to take some sort of monitor with you if you go with an ITX build. Sure you might be able to use a TV or something, but TVs in hotels aren't anywhere convenient to use with a computer and do you really want to go through the trouble of moving it, assuming it's not wall mounted?
However if most of your travel is by car, then a Mini ITX desktop can be doable, but also it's still more stuff to carry around. I don't know about you, but if I'm going to a hotel, I'd like to not make multiple trips to my car.

mrhappened

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2014
For traveling, I recommend a laptop for the following reasons:
  • If you're traveling by plane, then either the computer is going to take up all of your carry-on volume, won't meet the carry-on dimensions, or you're going to have to check it in. And I'm pretty sure you don't want people manhandling your computer.
  • Also if you're traveling by plane and you have a lengthy layover, lots of airports have places that are convenient for laptop users to plug in and do stuff.
  • You're going to have to take some sort of monitor with you if you go with an ITX build. Sure you might be able to use a TV or something, but TVs in hotels aren't anywhere convenient to use with a computer and do you really want to go through the trouble of moving it, assuming it's not wall mounted?
However if most of your travel is by car, then a Mini ITX desktop can be doable, but also it's still more stuff to carry around. I don't know about you, but if I'm going to a hotel, I'd like to not make multiple trips to my car.
true, my travel is by car mainly. Thank you for the input