[SOLVED] Gaming Mechanical Keyboard under $90

adikumar2010

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
I mainly play FPS games like Apex Legends & Hyperscape.

I need gaming keyboard with following requirements :
  1. Palm rest
  2. Should be full size keyboard
  3. Actuation Force should be as low as possible as I got small hands under 50cN
  4. Linear switches
  5. Multimedia hot-keys

Optional features :
  1. Wireless would be better, even though I am fine with wired also
  2. Backlit
  3. Dust proof keys
  4. Hot-swappable switches as I don't want to spends hours replacing switch/solder when it fails.

Solution
The Asus does not list what brand of switches they use, that is not a good sign usually since that means they don't want you to know they are using the cheapest ones that the even cheaper keyboards also use. The switches and stabilizer setups on the cheaper keyboards are often harsher and louder than the better built ones. Stabilizers are pretty easy to fix with some extra grease and maybe a bit of foam to keep them quieter but a harsher feeling switch you can't do much about easily.

kubacs

Honorable
May 7, 2018
For 90$? Maybe if you want a used keyboard, going to be hard, but if I was you, wait a bit till you get 30 more dollars roughly, then I would probably get this if I was you, but I would wait till you get more money, it will be worth it, you don't want to force buy a keyboard, that you won't enjoy after a while.

adikumar2010

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
For 90$? Maybe if you want a used keyboard, going to be hard, but if I was you, wait a bit till you get 30 more dollars roughly, then I would probably get this if I was you, but I would wait till you get more money, it will be worth it, you don't want to force buy a keyboard, that you won't enjoy after a while.

Most of the models are not in India.
I looked only and found only 3 options in my budget which are available in India :
  1. Corsair K68 ($108)
  2. Corsair K60 Pro ($108)
  3. Asus TUF Gaming K3 ($72)
Which one would you recommend? I don't mind paying $36 extra for corsair if they're providing more features or better quality then Asus.

* Only K60 Pro have hot-swappable switches but you can't find Cherry Voila switches anywhere.

Last edited:

kubacs

Honorable
May 7, 2018
I would get the k70, its not there, but its only a few more dollars, but from those four, I would recommend the Cooler Master, its a very clean keyboard IMO, but other than that I would get the k68 or the k70.

adikumar2010

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
I would get the k70, its not there, but its only a few more dollars, but from those four, I would recommend the Cooler Master, its a very clean keyboard IMO, but other than that I would get the k68 or the k70.

I am getting ASUS TUF Gaming K7 for $87, is it better model then all the ones we discussed here?
If yes then I will buy it ASAP before it runs out of stock

The Asus does not list what brand of switches they use, that is not a good sign usually since that means they don't want you to know they are using the cheapest ones that the even cheaper keyboards also use. The switches and stabilizer setups on the cheaper keyboards are often harsher and louder than the better built ones. Stabilizers are pretty easy to fix with some extra grease and maybe a bit of foam to keep them quieter but a harsher feeling switch you can't do much about easily.

Solution

adikumar2010

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009

They are using LK bloody optical-mechanical switches
https://www.bloody.pl/lightstrike-2/#:~:text=LIGHT STRIKE II is a,and over 100 million clicks.