Question Gaming mouse died after not a lot of use...looking for other models to go to or avoid

maxx42

Honorable
Sep 7, 2017
The mouse for my gaming PC has died, after what I consider to be overall light use. The left-click button no longer works, and I've never had a mouse mechanically fail on me (at least since they went to laser). I've read online that this is a common failure for this model.

Now longevity is an added criteria for a replacement. This is for a light-duty gaming PC. I'll game a lot over a few weeks, and then not much for a while after. I'm looking for recommendations on models that others have either good experience with a lot of use, and they keep working, or on what models to avoid because they do not stand up to heavier use.

Thanks!

Im still rocking my original Razor Deathadder from around 2007. The only issue i have ever had with it is the plastic part from the button that presses down on the micro switch wore out. Took it apart and put a dab of super glue on the tab and then filed it smooth, been like that for over 10 years and still going strong.

I use a Deathadder Chroma at work, do IT work so at my desk 8+ hours a day, which reminds me i need to order new pads for the bottom as they are worn out.

For my laptop i have an Asus ROG Gladius II, it doesnt get used nearly as much as the other two but its been solid for the past 3 years.

I did try out a Logitech G903 with the powerplay wireless charging mat, but it had issues when you would click and drag it would loos the click or other times would double click. would do it weather it was on wireless or plugged in.

I'm looking for recommendations on models
there are a lot of different options for types of mouse these days.
you should be a bit more specific in the layout and options you want available.

i've been using the Logitech G600 for quite a few years now and it's the best i've ever tried.
i've reviewed probably ~100 different models over the passed decade and this is definitely my favorite option.

Last edited:

maxx42

Honorable
Sep 7, 2017
What model mouse was that?

How much are you willing to spend?
Logitech G203...I know, not a higher-end option, but it seemed to fit for a casual gaming rig. Next time around...not sure how much. If I get feedback that a lot of the lower-cost "gaming" mice tend to have longevity issues, I'll spend more.

This may seem like the opposite of what you would think but higher end Chinese mice (NOT those $9 "gaming" mice) are actually really solid because they actually put most of the money you spend into the product instead of just paying for the brand name. If you're on the more budget side then the Darmoshark M3 is really good and if you have more to spend then the Lamzu Atlantis is a good option.