Gaming on a server help...

Sep 10, 2018
I've got a Dell PowerEdge R900 and have 2 Nvidia gtx 560's I would like to put them in the system so I may have a nice 24 core workstation but... I can use the GPUs with a 1x to 16x riser but there is not nearly enough bandwidth to play any games I am using an 8x PCI slot that I have modified to fit a 16x card but my issue is the PCI slot doesn't supply enough power for the GPUs and in turn won't work so I'm looking for some help in this. perhaps an 8x to 16x riser but I can't find any decent ones so now I am lost trying forums for help:)
(Bios is updated can't downgrade as I have 4 6 core processors and the newest is required in order to run them) thanks in advance

Solution
Another issue to consider is that the motherboard will very likely NOT support SLI for the two GTX 560s. Server chipsets generally do not support these features. You would be better served by a single, stronger GPU.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Another issue to consider is that the motherboard will very likely NOT support SLI for the two GTX 560s. Server chipsets generally do not support these features. You would be better served by a single, stronger GPU.

Solution