Gaming PC displaying no video

nksunak

Prominent
Sep 23, 2018
Hey guys,
Normally I'm decent with electronics etc.. but I'm completely stumped! Here is the issue:

Recently upgraded my 3D 1080P optoma projector HD26 to a 4k 3d optoma projector UHD51A, using a 4k 3d sony receiver Str-dn1050 (7 Hdmi in and 3 hdmi out) For the life of me I cannot display video going from the projector through the receiver.. only from projector to PC directly.. only issue is that I want to use my 5.1 surround sound... everything else works fine (ps4,ps3,xbox,cable) just the damn PC.. here is the kicker.. if I hit the reset button on my PC it will give several boot options.. safe mode or normal.. if I select safe mode it works fine.. if I select normal boot.. no video!

I've already updated the firmware on the receiver and video card on my PC (GTX 1080)

I don't mind using HDMI 2 from the projector to PC.. but how the heck can I get my 5.1 speakers to work? I've even tried a toslink cable.. but no luck.

Please help! This is out of my league!

nksunak

Prominent
Sep 23, 2018

Thanks for the reply.. however everything is up to date.. I'm so confused.. all the other devices work without any issues.. just the PC doesn't display..

nksunak

Prominent
Sep 23, 2018

Yes I did.. funny thing is when I plug in my laptop to the reciever it works fine.. this is making no sense.. I've updated all the drivers.. not sure if it's to do with 4k.. my graphic card is a gtx 1080.. never happened before.. but maybe cause I'm using a 4k projector through a 4k reciever.. might be some communication problem.

nksunak

Prominent
Sep 23, 2018

1920x1080 at 60hz.
I've got it working using HDM2 and running an optical cable from PC to Receiver. Receiver input as be on TV for optical to work.. crazy.. but only option to run it.. sucks that I have to run two 25ft hdmi cables. At least it's working.