Gaming PC Slowed down By Landslide

Braxton Jackson

Honorable
Jun 20, 2013
My gaming pc has slowed down alot since I've got it and I mean A LOT more than it really should've! I used to get upwards of 200+ FPS on league of legends now I rare go over 55. If anyone can help me figure the issue I would be greatly appreciative.
The Specs:
Bdzw5YW.png

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
I'm assuming those are idle temps? How are your load temps looking?

If nothing else has changed and temps look good at load, then there;s potentially a couple of points to address:

1. A good chance you just have a driver conflict. Uninstall your GPU driver(s), however many may be installed, then head to nVidia's site and download the latest (non-BETA) manually. That's likely all there is to it.

2. Another option is your HDD may be failing - a good idea to run health checks on your drives just to rule them out.

3. When did you install your OS/Format your drive? If you've been running this setup since the CPU or GPU were released (late 2012/early 2013), you've got 3+ years of buildup there, a clean install might be a good idea.

Braxton Jackson

Honorable
Jun 20, 2013
I've had to do several clean installs already, I'm going to try to uninstall the gpu drivers. Also my harddrive has constantly froze since I got the PC. Every health check I do on them says they are in good health.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
If it's passing health check but still shows signs of freezing, it's probably not the HDD.

If you're experiencing freezing and also a significant FPS drop though, you've probably got a larger issue that just driver-related.

Your temps at load are good/safe?

Have you overclocked?

What does your CPU / RAM utilization look like at load? (via Task Manager)
What's your PSU make/model?