Gaming PC Ugrade Advice

fbdmatt

Reputable
Dec 30, 2015
I am looking to upgrade my gaming PC at some point in 2016. I do not NEED to scrap everything as my components are in good shape and most of what I have is quality stuff. I'm just looking for a few upgrades that could increase my rig's power and capability. My budget for this year is about $500. Could be flexible on price somewhat, but looking to get two or three things for that. Some items I have considered are a new GPU, PSU, and larger case. Here is what I currently have:

MOBO: As Rock Z77 Extreme4 (LGA1155)
CPU: Intel i5-3570k (OC to 4.2)
RAM: Mushkin Radioactive 16 GB (2x8 GB) DDR3 2400 (just upgraded to that, not installed)
GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD7950 3 GB
PSU: Rosewill Capstone 650W 80 Plus Gold
Case: Rosewill Challenger U3 ATX Mid Tower
Drive: Lite-One iHas124-04 DVD Writer

I am mainly doing this as I've noticed newer game getting a little stutter lately. Can't play FO4 on Ultra without FPS dropping below 30, whereas with Skyrim I could get 60 on average even with mods.

If you are so inclined, you could even suggest in what order to do my upgrades. Such as, buy GPU first, then this, then etc. I'm not one for upgrading all at once if I do not need to.

Thanks.

fbdmatt

Reputable
Dec 30, 2015

Is there a reason you responded with such a dumb "answer" (as if that counts as one)? I'm looking for advice, not criticism. Why do you not think I'm ready to upgrade? I want to know what would be good to upgrade first since I'm doing it piecemeal. For instance, you could have responded:

"You should buy a new GPU if FPS is dropping."

And then stated your opinion on a good upgrade. Care to have a second go at this?

People donate their time here to help others . Is there a reason you expect people to help answer an unanswerable question?
In "2016" could mean tomorrow , or it could mean October .
No one knows what the hardware will be and how much it will cost more than a week or a few days ahead

fbdmatt

Reputable
Dec 30, 2015

Maybe I'm just not understanding why it's so difficult for you to answer my so-called "unanswerable" question. But that's ok, leave it unanswered.