Gaming PC Vs. Xbox360

Status
Not open for further replies.

Distinct

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009
Is it for you? I'm just asking because most people that play games know the difference. If it's for someone else, describe what kind of games they prefer.

mansalim

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
if you like to play alone, buy a PC. if you like to play with friends in the same room(not online), buy a console. Most console games are entertaining when you beat your friend and he cant beat you after 10 rounds. haha

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
Xbox360 is by far better than a PC when it comes to playing games. About
60 - 70 percent of the PC's out there can't even handle hardcore games
without expensive upgrades and that doesn't even take into consideration
that you may have to do alot of configuration adjusting to get a game to
work proper on your system. Buy a 360 or a PS3 put the game in and GO.

michaelmk86

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2008

^ Nonsense

michaelmk86

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2008
Here are some of the reasons why PC gaming is far better than consoles:

Consoles play games with 20-30fps and PC with 60+ fps.
Consoles have 1280×720 and even sometimes sub hd resolutions but PC have 1920x1200 and 2560x1600.
Also PC have better graphics(lighting, textures, shaders etc).
Consoles don’t have Anti-aliasing and Anisotropic filtering.
With the consoles you cannot mod the game.
Console gamers struggling with the controller in fps games.
With Consoles in multiplayer you had to always mute everybody to avoid whiny kiddy voices talking "gangsta".
Also with Consoles you cannot play multiplayer with more than 16 players but with pc you can play with 50+ players. With PC you have dedicated server but consoles don’t have, so consoles use peer-to-peer only and that is very bad because if someone lags then everybody lags.
There are tons of exclusives on PC gaming like starcraft 2, diablo 3, stalker, Crysis, the Witcher, Empire Total War etc too many too count.
If you like RTS and MMORPGS then PC is your only choice.

tinmann

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009

You had me at 60+ FPS

stevensl2

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
Ha Ha I have both the Xbox 360 and a Fairly High End gaming PC, i don't believe in only having of out of the 2, why don't you get a Pretty good PC and also an Xbox 360, your PC doesn't have to be 1500$ for it to be able to play all the new games, take some of the cash and buy an Xbox 360 too ;)

bcmw2000

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009

/agree

I couldn't go without either, as they both offer great games with unique experiences. And honestly, 360's are very affordable so there's really no reason not to have one. Just hook it up to your monitor.

purplerat

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006

Funny, in my opinion 100% of consoles can't adequately handle what I would consider hardcore gaming.

And how is customization a bad thing? The reason you buy console games and "put it in and GO" is because you have no other options. Not since Windows ME have I had to configure my PC to get a game to work. If I just want to pop it in and play I can. But being able to tweak settings et al makes the game better.

Also, I would avoid putting down PCs because of "expensive upgrades" while at the same time advocating buying a PS3 which is by far the most overpriced piece of gaming hardware out there today.

pmamba45

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2010
Couldn't agree more!
So many console games have poor awkward control configuration presets making some games a nightmare to adapt to. I found near total freedom to configure to controllers aided by mapping controller support software. On top of that, the PC from late 09' is starting to see complete affordable graphics cards allowing PC gamers more scale to enhance the contemporary gaming experience than upgradeable consoles.

I sold my Xbox 360 and PS3 due to personal tech failures with them with the additional incurring misery of having consoles getting phased out as well knowing PC digital distribution is an inception rather than an end to a means where it's games are always obtainable.

At the end of the day, choice gaming platforms is what's important to gamers for their needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.