[SOLVED] Gaming performance on Threadripper 2970wx ?

Feb 15, 2019
Am building this setup for mainly 3D rendering nd Maya , but I also play games so was wondering about fps

Specs:
RTX 2080 Ti
32 GB RAM

Whats the fps i might get on ultra high 1080p on games like..
Metro Exodus
Pubg
Gta V

Last edited:
Solution
My guess is he needs to turn on game mode, it should be a lot better than that. Also update GPU drivers if he hasn't recently. There was some issues with older Nvidia drivers killing tr

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
I mean it's certainly more than capable of awesome fps in any title. Just play with turning smt on and off and game mode for each game to see what gives best results.

Just making sure you weren't one of the ones who just thought since TR was more expensive it'll be better for gaming. That thing is absolutely beastly at everything

Reactions: DexyRex
Feb 15, 2019
I mean it's certainly more than capable of awesome fps in any title. Just play with turning smt on and off and game mode for each game to see what gives best results.

Just making sure you weren't one of the ones who just thought since TR was more expensive it'll be better for gaming. That thing is absolutely beastly at everything
No am building this mainly for 3D rendering nd Maya
But i play gamss too so i was wondering about fps , ik TR not so good at gaming

Feb 15, 2019
No it's really good at gaming, just not quite as good (maybe 5% at most)as a 2600x/2700x which are a lot cheaper. For what you're doing you'll be in great shape.
Ya , it's just my friend has 16gb ram md 2950x
Nd getting only 30 to 50 fps on metro exodus
So that had me worrying , u know what could be the reason for so low fps

TRENDING THREADS