[SOLVED] Gaming Questions...

czLegacy

Prominent
Jun 6, 2019
Hi,
So I have a PC with an RTX 2060 + 2600x.

My girlfriend has a Lenovo 320s laptop which runs like absolute garbage. We mainly play Minecraft together but she lags alot. I also wanted her to play twitch launcher /FTB modded Minecraft aswell but she would not be able to run it.

My question is what would be the best way for her to play without lag and even possibly play modded... I've looked at cloud gaming providers but shadow isn't available until gone April, geforce now can't access twitch launcher etc and is quite blurry. Any other ideas?

I was wondering if it was possible to get my computer to run two versions of minecraft and then have her easily remote and control to one of these versions.

i basically want her to have a lag free expeirence and play modded without buying a new pc or laptop... Not possible ATM.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance gamers.

Solution
Thanks for the reply's guys - I was looking at more of a remote connection kinda thing - not setup from the same pc in the same house etc. The laptop runs on intel HD 620 w/ an ssd but still runs extremely slow.
I would work toward reinstalling Windows 10 after backing up any important files. It may be viruses or malware slowing the system or bloatware.
What you're asking about is called a gaming VM or virtual gaming machine.
To do this you'll need a VM software, typically the best and most popular one is Unraid. Here are a few videos on how to set it up:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuJYMCbIbPk&_ga=2.3874806.757529956.1582227711-1473265956.1582227711

And

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szEHkoLiS7Y

The last video is a 3 part video series on unraid building. Also read the comments as some people post fixes for issues with the Audio and other stuff.

You may need to get a second graphics card, but see if you can share the 2060 resources with the VM and your windows so you can game on 1 GPU. It's a lot of work and I'm pretty sure unraid isn't free, but it's definitely cheaper than a whole new rig and a pretty fun project to impress your GF with your OP geek skills.

Hi,
So I have a PC with an RTX 2060 + 2600x.

My girlfriend has a Lenovo 320s laptop which runs like absolute garbage. We mainly play Minecraft together but she lags alot. I also wanted her to play twitch launcher /FTB modded Minecraft aswell but she would not be able to run it.

My question is what would be the best way for her to play without lag and even possibly play modded... I've looked at cloud gaming providers but shadow isn't available until gone April, geforce now can't access twitch launcher etc and is quite blurry. Any other ideas?

I was wondering if it was possible to get my computer to run two versions of minecraft and then have her easily remote and control to one of these versions.

i basically want her to have a lag free expeirence and play modded without buying a new pc or laptop... Not possible ATM.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance gamers.
You would need to have a second video card in your system for the virtual machine to use for someone to play games remotely off your system. You would be better off upgrading the stock 5400rpm HDD in the laptop to an SSD if you haven't already. It should help with the lag. Do you know the full specs of the laptop? Does it have a Geforce 940m or 940mx? Intel HD graphics should be more than fast enough for 45-60fps with mods if it's at least HD 620.

czLegacy

Prominent
Jun 6, 2019
Thanks for the reply's guys - I was looking at more of a remote connection kinda thing - not setup from the same pc in the same house etc. The laptop runs on intel HD 620 w/ an ssd but still runs extremely slow.