Question Gaming Rig Core i9 13900KF, or else?

Oct 8, 2024
Updated, questions continue below the OP.

I am building a new rig for gaming, I am using some components I had stored, so now I want to take advantage of some components going down in price. I will be playing in 4K

My games are:
FPS: Cod, Warzone, DMZ, Battlefield 2042, Resident Evil, and Delta Force (coming out soon)
Flight Sims: DCS Flight Combat Sim, MSFS, I am not using this new rig for the new Sim yet, I am still using the MSFS '20 ver.

These are the components I had stored already, and I want to use them for the new rig:
- Gigabyte Aorus GeForce RTX 3090 Xtreme Waterforce WB 24G
- Seasonic Prime Gold 1000W Gold 80+ fully Modular PSU
- Bitspower Water Cooling Kit, tubes, fittings, and Corsair Cooling Liquid Bottle

This means I'm building this PC using custom water cooling, and I will be overclocking CPU & GPU. Budget is no limitation, however, I want to build something powerful focusing for 4K resolution gaming or even higher

I am thinking to get these, but if you have something better to suggest or recommend?
- Core i9 13900KF
- Gigabyte Aorus Z790 Pro X Motherboard
- G.Skill trident Z5 RGB 32Gb RAM DDR5 6400
- Samsung 980 Pro 2TB M.2.-2280 NVME SSD (x2=4TB Storage)

Approximate Purchase Date: 1 - 2 Weeks

Budget Range: I have no budget, but I want the best bang for my buck, meaning, if I am going to buy a $600 CPU, but it happens that a $350 is pretty much the same performance in gaming except for a fewer FPS, where there is not much significant difference, then I would rather go the lower cost component.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming only, FPS and flight sims

Are you buying a monitor: Yes, I am thinking in getting this monitor:
1st Option: ASUS ROG Swift 38” 4K HDMI 2.1 HDR DSC 144Hz Gaming Monitor. You can find it on amazon

Parts to Upgrade:
- Core i9 13900KF
- Gigabyte Aorus Z790 Pro X Motherboard
- G.Skill trident Z5 RGB 32Gb RAM DDR5 6400
- Samsung 980 Pro 2TB M.2.-2280 NVME SSD (x2=4TB Storage)

Do you need to buy OS: Yes, I will buy one
Please note that if you're using an OEM license of Windows, you will need a new one when buying a new motherboard.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts:
I usually go with amazon, newegg and bestbuy, preferebly in this order for fast shipping and better pricing.

Parts Preferences: I always have preferred Intel and NVIDIA, but I'm flexible using AMD and other brands, the most important aspect for me is performance more than the actual brand, I just got used to Intel and NVIDIA being them the best brands for certain time in the past.

Overclocking: Yes, for sure

SLI or Crossfire: No, I wish, but unfortunately this is not something manufacturers provide much support for nowadays.

Your Monitor Resolution: 4K and only 4K

Additional Comments: I am a very simple guy, when it comes to building PC I don't care about many little things, I am not picky when it comes to noise, I just only focus on performance. Obviously I am not a fan of a drilling machine, but I understand there is a reasonable sound compromise that comes with performance.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: I have components lying around from different tests I have run in the past for different reasons, I don't want to just keep them stored and have the running of time making them obsolete, I want to be able to use them the sooner and the best way possible.

If there is any other component you can think of also please let me know, thanks in advance y'all

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Moved thread to Systems section from CPUs
I would look into the AM5 platform as opposed to whatever Intel has to offer though you would need to stylize your thread with a followup post, with info asked of in this thread;
and the community can chime in with suggestions. Please be wary to include your location, your preferred site for purchase and your absolute budget.

Oct 8, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Moved thread to Systems section from CPUs
I would look into the AM5 platform as opposed to whatever Intel has to offer though you would need to stylize your thread with a followup post, with info asked of in this thread;
and the community can chime in with suggestions. Please be wary to include your location, your preferred site for purchase and your absolute budget.
Thanks so much for the help and guidance, I went ahead and updated the OP with info on the thread above, I hope I answered them as expected or needed.