[SOLVED] Gaming with a controller console vs pc

WINTERLORD

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2008
OK so like I really suck at aiming and was wondering is it maybe the game I'm playing trying to earn how to aim well the issue or do I just not aim well.

I had this issue with crysis but got really good at aiming however long time ago I think I sense forgot but now due to a back injury trying to learn how to aim well using a remote control.

I'm playing battlefield 5 campaign single player mode to hone my aiming skills but just isn't to easy and my question is

Do anyone play battlefield v with a remote control or is that game best with mouse?

Would destiny 2 be any easyer to learn aiming on a remote control or would that to be better with mouse?

Also another big question is it easyer to use a remote control on console games than on pc games? Anyone have experience playing pc games with a Xbox controller I don't own a console so can't test it

Last edited:
Solution
Whether a game is easier on a controller or keyboard and mouse depends entirely on your preference for that style of game. I find first person shooters easier to play with a keyboard and mouse because aiming is much more precise on a mouse than with a thumbstick. However, I switch to a controller for third person games because the free range of movement is more natural than the 8 directions you're stuck with on a keyboard.

So basically, play the games on a controller or with a keyboard and mouse and see what feels better to you. Neither is going to objectively improve your performance though.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
no clue what you mean by a remote control but i use an xbox controller and have no issues with it. i do see plenty of issues with using the bluetooth controllers but the good ol (and cheap) wired ones seem to work great. i play golf, race, fight, and other types of games no problem. i assume if its a console game then the controller would also work for pc version. i also assume that many rpg type games with 100 keyboard controls would not work well with a controller.. but just an assumption as i don't play any of those.

WINTERLORD

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2008
Talking bout Xbox controller on pc but are console games any different or easyer to use with a Xbox controller than say pc games since those games are designed to play on the controller

Last edited:
Whether a game is easier on a controller or keyboard and mouse depends entirely on your preference for that style of game. I find first person shooters easier to play with a keyboard and mouse because aiming is much more precise on a mouse than with a thumbstick. However, I switch to a controller for third person games because the free range of movement is more natural than the 8 directions you're stuck with on a keyboard.

So basically, play the games on a controller or with a keyboard and mouse and see what feels better to you. Neither is going to objectively improve your performance though.

Solution

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i'm not a big fan of the "i need a $300 mouse and $300 keyboard t be good" type crowd. but i can say that when i went from a $15 basic mouse to an average "gaming" mouse, it was completely different. spent $50 on a razer basilisk x hyperspeed and can't imagine going back to the el cheapo mouse.

def not saying you need a super expensive mouse but a decent mouse can make a heck of a difference overall. no clue about keyboard though as i still use the one that came with the $15 bundle :) lol

bombus8

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2015
I use a controller because I find it's easier to move characters around in the games I play. I've found the quality of the controller matters: I started with some cheap Amazon controller and the aiming with the thumbstick was very difficult. Then I bought a wired xbox controller and it's much, much better for aiming.