Gaming with people overseas.

Chroix

Reputable
Jun 24, 2014
About a year ago my brother moved to China leaving me in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Recently we tried reconnecting through a childhood favorite, Mortal Kombat, however the amount of lag we experience is unbearable and ultimately leads to a disconnection. My question is, is there any way to minimize this lag or is this where our current technology is at? By the way our platform is PC.

Solution
Not really.
Problem is that China has a very restrictive firewall, so the lag is not actually due to overseas, but due to Chinas systems.
As far as i know, there is no way around it.

I have played with different nationalities and lag is usually an issue due to servers. In this case, hamachi usually solves the problem. However, as far as i know, even hamachi will have lag in add out of china.
Not really.
Problem is that China has a very restrictive firewall, so the lag is not actually due to overseas, but due to Chinas systems.
As far as i know, there is no way around it.

I have played with different nationalities and lag is usually an issue due to servers. In this case, hamachi usually solves the problem. However, as far as i know, even hamachi will have lag in add out of china.

Solution