Question Garage setup dangerous?

Mar 5, 2019
Ok guys so I am new here. I have a quick question. We are expecting a baby so the desktop is having to be moved. First choice is the garage. I have a neat little setup started but I am worried about the tower getting condensation from the humidity and becoming a useless brick. I live in south Louisiana where humidity is ridiculous. I have built a stand for the tower and have a fan if need to blow on the tower. I am considering g just hauling the tower in and out as it’s being used if that helps my situation out? Can anyone give me any advice?

kanewolf

Titan
It’s a big garage but typically no there is no car. A deep freezer and my tools etc etc
The real question is how much "outdoor" air will be brought in. If you have the doors open in March and a cold front comes through similar to this week. You had humid weather on the weekend, and then cold and dry on Monday. Then a warmup later in the week. Those changes where the metal case on the PC is cooler than the ambient air is when you will have problems. If the PC is warm then you won't have issues. Condensation only happens with a cold surface and a moist environment.

Mar 5, 2019
Dehumidifier, I have given that a thought, how big a unit will I need? Just a small one to place right next to the case?

As far as the door goes it mostly stays closed esp on cold days. Only time it’s open is to mow the grass, wash the car, or cook etc etc. I have never noticed any dew on anything in there that I can recall.