[SOLVED] Gateway laptop memory upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 3, 2022
Gateway Model # GGNC71719-BK 17.3" FHD Gaming Notebook Windows 11 Home Intel® Core™ i7-11800H Processor, Up to 4.60 GHz 17.3” LCD I-- memory upgrade

This laptop looked too good to pass up and working fantastic for the gaming I do and for Painter 2022, but having problems as support does not appear to relate to the correct product. I am hoping someone on this forum has some experience with this laptop. I need to remove the bottom of the case to add a HDD and increase the memory (Part of Tongfang-Acer-Evoo-Walmart). Took all the screws out including one under Gateway label, but the bottom is still tightly connected. Tried to run a very thin plastic card around edge to see if there are any retainer clips with no luck. Additionally no memory retailer can identify the system so they have no suggestions to upgrade the memory to 64GB. The current memory is Samsung DDR4 3200. Any suggestion on a good uprgade would be appreciated. The product support is the only problem I have found with the laptop.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Is it possible to include a video of your laptop's underside? Please see if there's any screws hidden under perhaps a latch or a drive(M.2 SSD mounting location/panel). I've been looking around on the www and can't find much about the laptop with the above model number. Perhaps it's a part number reference but it is listed as a Gateway Notebook from the Creator Series.

See if this helps;
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlPeMGwCOw0

Start from one side and then work your way to the other side(right to left or left to right).

Gateway Model # GGNC71719-BK 17.3" FHD Gaming Notebook Windows 11 Home Intel® Core™ i7-11800H Processor, Up to 4.60 GHz 17.3” LCD I-- memory upgrade

This laptop looked too good to pass up and working fantastic for the gaming I do and for Painter 2022, but having problems as support does not appear to relate to the correct product. I am hoping someone on this forum has some experience with this laptop. I need to remove the bottom of the case to add a HDD and increase the memory (Part of Tongfang-Acer-Evoo-Walmart). Took all the screws out including one under Gateway label, but the bottom is still tightly connected. Tried to run a very thin plastic card around edge to see if there are any retainer clips with no luck. Additionally no memory retailer can identify the system so they have no suggestions to upgrade the memory to 64GB. The current memory is Samsung DDR4 3200. Any suggestion on a good uprgade would be appreciated. The product support is the only problem I have found with the laptop.
Go here and run the scanner.
Crucial

Apr 3, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Is it possible to include a video of your laptop's underside? Please see if there's any screws hidden under perhaps a latch or a drive(M.2 SSD mounting location/panel). I've been looking around on the www and can't find much about the laptop with the above model number. Perhaps it's a part number reference but it is listed as a Gateway Notebook from the Creator Series.

See if this helps;
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlPeMGwCOw0

Start from one side and then work your way to the other side(right to left or left to right).

Apr 3, 2022
Great video! Thank you. Got the bottom off. The small plastic clips popped open with a very small screw driver and fair pressure on the first corner snap and then fairly easy. I was surprised at the cooling system as seemed better than my Asus gaming lap top! The only problem I noticed was the extra 2.5 SSD sata drive ribbon was not attached to the mobo. Will have to fix that before add another drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.