Gateway RS780 Rev 1.0 PCIe slots

GregF76

Commendable
Aug 23, 2016
I need to get a new video card that is optimized for Photoshop CC. My current one lacks the necessary memory. How can I find out what type PCI Express slot is on my motherboard? 2.0, 2.0 x8, 2.1 x16, etc.
Please advise. Thanks.

Solution
The obvious question is: What motherboard do you have? Considering that you did not post that, I would guess that your system is not homebuilt. To get the answer you asked for, please provide at least the make and model of computer. You can download CPU-Z and show us the motherboard details. Oh - your title says Gateway RS780. You should have an x16 slot at I can't tell which PCIe level.

However, it may not matter much to your answer. A PCIe 3.0 x16 card will run in a PCIe 2.0 x8 slot. So unless your motherboard has an unusually poor graphics support (like some business-oriented machines), you should be able to use most modern cards.
The obvious question is: What motherboard do you have? Considering that you did not post that, I would guess that your system is not homebuilt. To get the answer you asked for, please provide at least the make and model of computer. You can download CPU-Z and show us the motherboard details. Oh - your title says Gateway RS780. You should have an x16 slot at I can't tell which PCIe level.

However, it may not matter much to your answer. A PCIe 3.0 x16 card will run in a PCIe 2.0 x8 slot. So unless your motherboard has an unusually poor graphics support (like some business-oriented machines), you should be able to use most modern cards.

Solution

GregF76

Commendable
Aug 23, 2016

GregF76

Commendable
Aug 23, 2016
Thanks for your answer, it is very helpful. I apologize for not restating the motherboard in the text, I made the mistake of assuming that having it in the headline would suffice. I am sorry for that. Thanks again.
Greg F.