Ge-Force problems

G

I have recently replaced my riva TNT with a ge-force 256 DDR and I am haveing serious crashing problems. I have a Gigabyte 6bxe motherboard. I have tryed everything that I can think of such as patching the bios, adjusting CAS ram latency and running the latest drivers (detinator 3). However, it will normaly just hang my system with 10 mins of bootup even when just in windows.

The strangest thing is that I have tryed my friends geforce 2 ultra in my machine and it works fine and I have tryed my geforce in three other computors (Athlon , pII and k6 II) and it worked fine in all of those machines.

If anyone has any insight into this problem I would be truely greatful.

Thanks.

G

I had the same problem with my 6BXC. The motherboard doesn't supply enough current through the AGP slot for that card. Without replacing the motherboard the 3DFX 5500 AGP is pretty well your only option at this point. I also upgraded to a 300 watt power supply which didn't help. The Prophet MX also had the same problem. You will like the FSAA on the 3DFX board anyway. Nvidia doesn't have FSAA in hardware. Once you have experienced FSAA you won't go back and you will wonder why you ever considered an Nvidia based card. 50 FPS that looks great in every game or 120 FPS that looks less than perfect and really only excels at T&L based games (Q3 so far). You choose.