Gearbox 'Demakes' Borderlands 2 Into 16-bit Flash Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

paladiin

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011
And people complain about console ports nowadays... ;) Glad to see a company who is willing to have all the little extras instead of just crap that you have to pay for. Thanks Gearbox!

paladiin

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011
[citation][nom]idroid[/nom]This is BS.... i don't care what old school gamers think but i still CAN NOT that people actually exited about that kind of games...

Could the trolls in the audience at least learn something approximating proper English? Even half-@$$ English would be better than some of the crap that they post. Even the trolls are lazy, uneducated pieces of crap nowadays...[/citation]

sourgrapes01

Honorable
Aug 25, 2012
[citation][nom]idroid[/nom]This is BS.... i don't care what old school gamers think but i still CAN NOT that people actually exited about that kind of games...[/citation]

The only good big budget games are Madden, Call of Duty, and all of the Playstation exclusives like Uncharted and God of War. The art and sets in those games are a generation of graphics ahead of anything on the PC.

Occasionally, when the talent from the big budget games gets bored, sometimes they make fun little throwback games like this. You should take them for what they are worth and stop being an elitist gamer snob that gives the community a bad name.

The flash-powered game features a Smash TV arcade-like style of gaming where it's up to you to survive as many waves as possible.
Good old Smash TV

"Good luck, You'll Need it!"

[citation][nom]greghome[/nom]Now........if only Crytek made a 8 bit version of Crysis..........[/citation]
"Crysis 8-bit. It will melt your Nintendo!"

nvidiaguy07

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011
[citation][nom]sourgrapes01[/nom]The only good big budget games are Madden, Call of Duty, and all of the Playstation exclusives like Uncharted and God of War. The art and sets in those games are a generation of graphics ahead of anything on the PC.Occasionally, when the talent from the big budget games gets bored, sometimes they make fun little throwback games like this. You should take them for what they are worth and stop being an elitist gamer snob that gives the community a bad name.[/citation]

wow. at first i thought u were joking....

blacklabel67k

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2010
[citation][nom]sourgrapes01[/nom]The only good big budget games are Madden, Call of Duty, and all of the Playstation exclusives like Uncharted and God of War. The art and sets in those games are a generation of graphics ahead of anything on the PC.Occasionally, when the talent from the big budget games gets bored, sometimes they make fun little throwback games like this. You should take them for what they are worth and stop being an elitist gamer snob that gives the community a bad name.[/citation]

If you're trolling, WOW that is a convincing piece. If not, well, may god have mercy on you.

Marcus52

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
[citation][nom]zeratul600[/nom]the game its really cool but they say it 16 from 89, wasnt 8 bit the rule on those times?[/citation]

No, 16-bit had been around for a few years by then.

32-bit processors were around then, too, but I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) we didn't get a 32-bit OS for mainstream PCs until 1995, with Win 95.

;)

G

LOL fun game, but I have to report a bug. Killed the last mob on screen same time as he killed me, and now I am stuck with no monsters spawning in the room. Using acid gun at the time if that helps. ;)

animeman59

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
[citation][nom]teknomedic[/nom]After playing the game I'd argue it reminds me more of an Atari 5200 than an NES.[/citation]

The NES wasn't 16-bit......

[citation][nom]zeratul600[/nom]the game its really cool but they say it 16 from 89, wasnt 8 bit the rule on those times?[/citation]

The Sega Genesis was a 16-bit system and was sold in the US in 1989.

Seriously, does anybody know anything about prior generations of game systems, or do we need some more class time?

NES / Sega Master System - 8-bit systems (1985 - 1990)

SNES / Sega Genesis - 16-bit systems (1989 - 1996)

You can't really call yourself gamers if you don't know this shit.

G

sourgrapes01 :

The only good big budget games are Madden, Call of Duty, and all of the Playstation exclusives like Uncharted and God of War. The art and sets in those games are a generation of graphics ahead of anything on the PC.Occasionally, when the talent from the big budget games gets bored, sometimes they make fun little throwback games like this. You should take them for what they are worth and stop being an elitist gamer snob that gives the community a bad name.

Bwah ha ha, please tell me this is trolling because if your serious you have to be like I dunno 10-15 years old to actually believe something as completely and totally misinformed as that. For the last several years Madden games (and most Sports related games) haven't even had a PC Market therefore you have nothing really to compare them to and if they did have PC versions the hardware available far exceeds what Sony or Microsoft offers on their consoles. Call of Duty...no contest, the PC versions have higher resolution textures, higher display resolutions and that's just the tip of the iceberg so moving on the the Playstation Exclusives that you mentioned along with others. These games pretty much push the limitations of the Playstations hardware and if there was a Proper Port made of these games to a PC then the developers as well as us players would be able to fully exploit the superior hardware to make these great looking (and playing) games even better. It really is the natural order of things a Lion will always kill and eat a Zebra not the other way around, and a PC will always run circles around a console as apposed to the other way around. And for the record before you respond with more misguided information I own 3 PC's with different configurations as well as a Wii, Xbox 360 and a Playstation 3 so this most assuredly is not fan-boyism.

Johmama

Honorable
Aug 24, 2012
[citation][nom]greghome[/nom]Now........if only Crytek made a 8 bit version of Crysis..........[/citation]

Most computers still couldn't run it.

Status
Not open for further replies.